Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

5 months... 150 days benzo free!

[ja...]

Early days, I know... but I'm sitting here this morning, looking out over the garden, after an 8 hour sleep, realizing that healing is happening. 

The sleep thing.  It nearly swamped me at the bottom end of my taper.  At one point I got almost  no sleep for 5 weeks.  Maybe just a few hours.  I was beyond exhausted and scared that it would never happen.    I tried every herb and potion on the market.... some of them worrked for a few days and then nada...      And now, using nothing,  here I am..  sleep drenched.    I wake up every hour or so, but I'm dreaming normal dreams and falling back into oblivion.  No adrenalin... no sweating..    I feel like weeping I'm so grateful.

I have a long way to go I'm sure.  I'm dealing with lots of symptoms still.  I woild say derealization, and dizziness, headache and tinnitus are big ones.    But after 20 years of benzo use, and 4 years of tapering,  I'm on my way. 

Profound gratitude to this site and every one that contributes... :smitten: :smitten:

I feel like weeping right along with you janiceh, this is such a wonderful update!  :smitten:  Your road has been rough, the challenges you've faced and continue to face are overwhelming but to see you now, feeling gratitude after getting 8 hours of sleep makes me so happy, I think you're on your way too.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you thank you!

I just finished reading the Repository in the Benzo Withdrawal and Recovery support.  Wow.  A huge appreciation BB member Colin for assembling this body of medical research.  So many questions and mysteries about why my brain and body are all messed up, have been answered.  I now have a better appreciation of what is involved in healing from benzos.... from tinnitus, to thyroid, to what exercise does, protracted withdrawal syndrome and so on. 

Although im still brain fogged, a year ago, I wouldn't have been able to understand this research.  I am reminded of how incredibly complex our bodies are.  What a miracle our bodies are! 

Knowledge is power.  I have come a long way in my healing and I have a long way to go.  I will be less anxious and more patient with myself just knowing what an intricate business healing is.  This is stuff my doctor couldn't tell me.   

So hang in there buddies  :smitten:....  thank God for this site... :smitten:

Thank you thank you!

I just finished reading the Repository in the Benzo Withdrawal and Recovery support.  Wow.  A huge appreciation BB member Colin for assembling this body of medical research.  So many questions and mysteries about why my brain and body are all messed up, have been answered.  I now have a better appreciation of what is involved in healing from benzos.... from tinnitus, to thyroid, to what exercise does, protracted withdrawal syndrome and so on. 

Although im still brain fogged, a year ago, I wouldn't have been able to understand this research.  I am reminded of how incredibly complex our bodies are.  What a miracle our bodies are! 

Knowledge is power.  I have come a long way in my healing and I have a long way to go.  I will be less anxious and more patient with myself just knowing what an intricate business healing is.  This is stuff my doctor couldn't tell me.   

So hang in there buddies  :smitten:....  thank God for this site... :smitten:

Well, thank you. But, take another look - I merely quoted other members! Look to the small header immediately above the quotes for the author. ;)

Duely noted!  But Colin many many thanks for your massive contribution here.  For assembling so much relevant information.    :smitten: