Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Introduction-New to withdrawal

[sk...]

Hello all. I joined BenzoBuddies for withdrawal support, taper advice, and instructions as well as support, and to be support if I could.

I have been on 30mg of temazepam for about 3 months and will start TODAY!

I went to a detox program and I check out in less than 24hrs b/c I didn't want to use all thise other drugs they were trying to give me and I couldn't get ANY sleep in that place!  Roomates and nurse comingin the room every 20 min! 

I would really like the best adivse on direct taper or titration for the poweder tablet.  I would like to start ASAP and drop about 5-10% every 7 days.  Could someone help wiith a schedule?

???

Hello sklyles, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I'm sorry to hear the detox program didn't work for you, they typically don't for benzo withdrawal.  Good for you for turning the drugs down, we've found that none really help with this process, and each come with their own set of problems.

We can certainly help you with a plan, if you'll post a thread on the titration board, we'll let you know how to taper from the Temazepam. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=62.0

Pam

Hi Sklyles,

Welcome to BB  :)

I'm very glad that you found us.

Check out the tapering and titration boards as Pamster suggested  :thumbsup:  A 5 to 10% reduction every 7 to 14 days is a good schedule to aim for.  But always listen to your body and go slower or hold if need be.

S-5 to 10% every 7 to 14 days is a good place to start. Remember, just remain flexible when it comes to your taper................BOX

Welcome sklyles!

Walking out of Detox was a blessing in disguise sklyles!  One should never go off benzos rapidly, I know this first hand!  I wish I would have walked out of Detox, could have made things a lot easier on myself.  Good luck on your road to freedom.  Take it slow and it will not be as rocky.  If you try to go to fast you could be setting yourself up for unnecessary hardship.

(I am not familiar with Temazepam.  Sorry I couldn't be of further assistance.)