Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Toxic Mornings - Need Help

[No...]

Hi Everyone,

I know that toxic mornings are a part of benzo withdrawal. I lay there every morning in bed until around 12:00PM and then get up AFTER it wears off. Is there anybody experiencing this that forces themselves to GET UP out of bed and and take a walk or something.  I need some advice.

Hi nomore -- I know that mornings can be an absolute beast in this.  on the mornings I make myself get up rather than lay there in that cloak of misery and wait for it to lift, I tend to do better.  taking a cold shower, or getting up and drinking a big glass of water, splash face with cold water and get outside if possible - is often highly recommended for folks (not on benzos) to manage morning anxiety and depression.  getting up and out of the bed, as hard as that is, can also mentally help train you to not be at the mercy of your state......have a plan the night before, like I am going to get up at 8am and drink some water, eat some breakfast and go for a 15 min walk.....then just do it, no matter how you feel.  just my two cents.  best of luck - -believe me I get it, mornings can be brutal

I used to have terrible mornings and I had them during withdrawl too.  I also found that laying in bed while the negative thoughts were swirling in my head was much worse than laying in bed and allowing them to linger there.  Like grace33 said, getting up and getting going, though hard, is a much better option.