Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Sinus and clogged ear - PLEASE HELP

[Be...]

Hi everyone

I am 18 months and 10 days off benzos after 10 yrs on. Feeling way much better in general. I work underwater (SCUBA diving) and I am finally healthy enough to work. However, after a few weeks of dives, I am now suffering with clogged sinuses and ears. Looks like my eustachian tubes are collapsed. I would love to know strategies to cope with this symptom and if anyone has fully recovered from it.

TY

Oh boy, I am so sorry.  My eustachian tubes have been a problem all of my life.  I've put a link below for you but I suggest you try short-term Afrin to see if that helps.  I used it during benzo withdrawl and didn't have any problems with it.  Staying on it any longer than 3-4 days can cause rebound swelling in the nose.  If that doesn't work, try internasal steroids such as Nasocort.  I used that during withdrawl also and didn't have any problems with it. (I spit out whatever ends up in my mouth).

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/eustachian-tube-dysfunction#:~:text=Patulous%20Eustachian%20tube%20dysfunction%20is,the%20sound%20of%20blood%20pumping.

I went diving recently. My shit went crazy afterwards. Sinuses and ear wax build up.

I would go to the ent. I’m sure you know not to take any medicine like Afrin and then go diving lol

Wear a mask/respirator if you working around dust pollen etc. that’s what I have to do. It’s gotten better tho I’m 8 months out.