Sinus and clogged ear - PLEASE HELP

[Be...]

Hi everyone

I am 18 months and 10 days off benzos after 10 yrs on. Feeling way much better in general. I work underwater (SCUBA diving) and I am finally healthy enough to work. However, after a few weeks of dives, I am now suffering with clogged sinuses and ears. Looks like my eustachian tubes are collapsed. I would love to know strategies to cope with this symptom and if anyone has fully recovered from it.

TY

Oh boy, I am so sorry.  My eustachian tubes have been a problem all of my life.  I've put a link below for you but I suggest you try short-term Afrin to see if that helps.  I used it during benzo withdrawl and didn't have any problems with it.  Staying on it any longer than 3-4 days can cause rebound swelling in the nose.  If that doesn't work, try internasal steroids such as Nasocort.  I used that during withdrawl also and didn't have any problems with it. (I spit out whatever ends up in my mouth).

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/eustachian-tube-dysfunction#:~:text=Patulous%20Eustachian%20tube%20dysfunction%20is,the%20sound%20of%20blood%20pumping.

I went diving recently. My shit went crazy afterwards. Sinuses and ear wax build up.

I would go to the ent. I’m sure you know not to take any medicine like Afrin and then go diving lol

Wear a mask/respirator if you working around dust pollen etc. that’s what I have to do. It’s gotten better tho I’m 8 months out.