Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

What have I done!

[sl...]

Ive been taking meletonin for the past week to help me sleep. Well last night I took my normal 2mg at 10pm, slept on and off til 1.45am then, in the darkness,reached into my cabinet drawer to get another 2mg and took that.

Couldnt believe it when I woke at 5.45!  Never slept for so long in one go for ages, then on looking at my strip of pills, I realised that it wasn't meletonin,  but phenergen!!  I bought these ages ago and only used them a few times when i was only taking zop now and again, I stopped because they made me feel horrible the next day and caused constipation which I certainly dont need. Im now worried that I have undone all the healing (if any) that has occured since my cessation of zop and tamez. Does promethezone affect your GABA receptors. I could kick my bloody stupid self!,

In a brief internet search I didn't see any reason for concern.  It does sound like you're taking too much melatonin though, I've read other members say to keep the doses low.  Good to hear you got some sleep though.  :thumbsup: