Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Instead of cutting doses, decreasing frequency?

[Aw...]

Hi all,

I have been on Ativan for 4 years, 1mg 3x/day. I do not want to be on any medication anymore, so I am looking to taper. I understand the consequences of tapering too quickly, but I’m wondering if anyone has cut down the number of doses per week and then decreased doses? I have gone 2-3 days without taking any Ativan and had basically no withdrawal symptoms besides a resting tremor, is that common? Also, has anyone had luck with propanolol for withdrawal symptoms?

Keeping a steady blood level of benzo in your system makes tapering more comfortable.  My concern is that over time dropping a dose may catch up with you.  Do you have a limited number of pills so that dropping a dose is necessary?

This is the thread to the Ativan support group.  Perhaps you can find some helpful information there:

Ativan Tapering Thread