Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

To anyone

[Sa...]

I just can't get over the fact that there is no help, no antidote, no safety in sight. I m stuck at 0.4mg klonopin daily since september with symptoms so severe i just dont know how i m still alive... nausea, vomit, headpressure, headaches, dizziness, blurry vision, basically bedridden for half a day,  and all i can have as help is doctors saying they are sorry (the ones who believe me because the orhers say "that s anxiety, take this pill").

I am on the verge of despair and i would need help

I am really sorry, Salazar77. I am also right at 0.4 mg clonazepam and have begun having a lot more trouble for some reason. I wish I could provide you with more help other than I'm at the same spot and having trouble as well.

How fast were you tapering before you held?

Thsnk you for your answer.  I cant say how fast i was going but it was not regular. I made a huge cut in 2020, then i cut 0.3mg in a soan of  12 months, till September 2021. Then as these symptoms showed up i decided to hold.

Can you describe your symptoms?

Gosh I know how terrible it is when every day is just much of the same. I know it can really get you down and it sucks.

One thing that never stops amazing me is how people keep turning corners. I've followed so many people here in the depth of despair for many months and then suddenly it's like their brains just clicked and they started making progress.

It's so important to try and remain positive which I know is extremely difficult when every day seems like the day before. I have a new mantra I keep repeating to myself "your present is not your future".

Hang in there. I'm sure you'll be one of those people I'll follow who turns it around!

Gosh I know how terrible it is when every day is just much of the same. I know it can really get you down and it sucks.

One thing that never stops amazing me is how people keep turning corners. I've followed so many people here in the depth of despair for many months and then suddenly it's like their brains just clicked and they started making progress.

It's so important to try and remain positive which I know is extremely difficult when every day seems like the day before. I have a new mantra I keep repeating to myself "your present is not your future".

Hang in there. I'm sure you'll be one of those people I'll follow who turns it around!

Thanks.  I really hope to be one of those people who will make it but maybe the fact that all those awful stuff were prescribed to me was because i suffered ftom anxiety. Maybe this is just anxiety and the doctors ate right  :-\

Salazar, it could be some of your own anxiety, but more often than not, the benzo is creating more anxiety. It tends to be a huge jerk like that. I never had anxiety like I've had during this taper. Compared to the benzo anxiety, I would say I didn't ever have anxiety before. No comparison. It creates anxiety that's not there and forces you to endure it. I'm sorry you're having to deal with it. I know it's awful.

Jelly baby, have you seen people turn corners much during their tapers, or is that mostly people who are off who turn a corner months later in acute? Hopefully you've seen a lot of both. Congratulations on hitting .185 mg today! Hope the Long COVID symptoms, which mirror BWS symptoms, are getting better. I'm afraid I may have some of that too as things have seemed overall worse since I had COVID again in January.

Jelly baby, have you seen people turn corners much during their tapers, or is that mostly people who are off who turn a corner months later in acute? Hopefully you've seen a lot of both.

Thankfully I've seen it in both. I know it's difficult to believe in hope when you are the one suffering.

The Covid thing is tough especially since it feels so much like benzos. I had to drastically change my taper to allow for Covid healing. I hope you're giving yourself some grace as well.

Salazar, it could be some of your own anxiety, but more often than not, the benzo is creating more anxiety. It tends to be a huge jerk like that. I never had anxiety like I've had during this taper. Compared to the benzo anxiety, I would say I didn't ever have anxiety before. No comparison. It creates anxiety that's not there and forces you to endure it. I'm sorry you're having to deal with it. I know it's awful.

Jelly baby, have you seen people turn corners much during their tapers, or is that mostly people who are off who turn a corner months later in acute? Hopefully you've seen a lot of both. Congratulations on hitting .185 mg today! Hope the Long COVID symptoms, which mirror BWS symptoms, are getting better. I'm afraid I may have some of that too as things have seemed overall worse since I had COVID again in January.

Thank you for your reassurance. I really didnt know i could get into this. It's 7.30 a.m. here and nearly as always I woke up with extreme nausea, heart pounding, dizziness and headache. I put sone ginger roots in my mouth trying to not vomit. Sometimes it works, sometimes i have dry heaving. I am scared i wont make it because it is months like this and even though some doctors or psychoterapists around me are good people, when i ask for help all they can say is "i hope you will set free". No help. A doctor showed up offering neurostimulation and saying there are meds to counter balance this but i dont trust him.

I'm so sorry you're going through that, and I understand the distrust of doctors who put us on this stuff with no warnings. I believe some people on here have been helped by taking something else, but many people have not. That's a personal decision. Remember you are in charge of your body. Professor Ashton said, "The addition of beta-blockers, antidepressants and antipsychotics should be avoided where possible."

Thankfully I've seen it in both. I know it's difficult to believe in hope when you are the one suffering.

The Covid thing is tough especially since it feels so much like benzos. I had to drastically change my taper to allow for Covid healing. I hope you're giving yourself some grace as well.

I'm praying for that corner for all of us. I may need to adjust my taper some more. Thank you for your response, jelly baby.

I'm so sorry you're going through that, and I understand the distrust of doctors who put us on this stuff with no warnings. I believe some people on here have been helped by taking something else, but many people have not. That's a personal decision. Remember you are in charge of your body. Professor Ashton said, "The addition of beta-blockers, antidepressants and antipsychotics should be avoided where possible."

What I dont like (one of the things I dont like) is, for example, this doctor saying "there are meds to counteract the abstinence" without saying what type of drugs, so one maybe starts to think he has something secret that could save me . Or "we could use neurostimulation" ... so i should book an appointment to hear him talking, 200 euros. But i guess i wont go. Anyway I would gladly give a harm if it could help to stop these symptoms. They seem neverending, along with the thoughts that i won't servive

I definitely understand how you feel in my own way with the stuff that I have dealt with in my own taper. I know it is so incredibly hard and so many doctors provide no help. Neurostimulation is usually used for depression and some other things, but I doubt it would be helpful during withdrawal. The benzos are causing chemical anxiety. The best we can do for that is try coping techniques. Here's a good list if you are looking for some ideas: Coping Techniques.

Salazar

I don't believe there's anything that could fix our symptoms other than time. So if a doctor suggests medication it's false hope. If there was a solution to any of the symptoms here, people would know about it and we all would be talking about it.

It's really just taking it day by day, minute by minute. It's hard when we're trying to find some way out and there's really no options other than waiting it out. But we'll each get our turn. The tide will turn.

Salazar

I don't believe there's anything that could fix our symptoms other than time. So if a doctor suggests medication it's false hope. If there was a solution to any of the symptoms here, people would know about it and we all would be talking about it.

It's really just taking it day by day, minute by minute. It's hard when we're trying to find some way out and there's really no options other than waiting it out. But we'll each get our turn. The tide will turn.

You are definitely right about that: if there was a cure everyone would be talking about it. As for neurostimulation i am not in the mood of being a guinea pig in order to try a new (and expensive) thing.

I took an antipsicotic once just to stop the nausea and vomit for at least one day, just to have a brief relief. Apart from that i took only natural things. I esperimented ginger roots and luckily it works 80% of the time.

And i took some herbs to help me sleep more. Anyway it is a battle, an everyday battle... an hour is like a day and i am exhausted. I really wish there was a cure.

I try to repeat to myself that it all will pass but i am actually stuck not knowing if to proceed tapering. I have friends around and they honestly dont know what to suggest. I wish i wasnt the one in charge.

I definitely understand how you feel in my own way with the stuff that I have dealt with in my own taper. I know it is so incredibly hard and so many doctors provide no help. Neurostimulation is usually used for depression and some other things, but I doubt it would be helpful during withdrawal. The benzos are causing chemical anxiety. The best we can do for that is try coping techniques. Here's a good list if you are looking for some ideas: Coping Techniques.

Thank you for the list. I am cheking it. I am trying scuouncture at the moment and it gives some temporary relief. The fact is that guys like me who started these awful drugs for snxiery they have an undelying anxiety issue and that comes back and it is hard to distinguish from the original condition and the chemical one

I hope one or more of those techniques provides you some help. The chemical anxiety is usually much more severe than any anxiety you had previously. It's definitely one of the worst and most common symptoms of withdrawal.

Hang in there.  You will turn the corner.

Sending prayers and hope you feel better soon.

Try hot baths with epsom salts before bedtime. It helps to relax your body muscles. Peppermint tea also helps sooth your tummy. God bless.

I hope one or more of those techniques provides you some help. The chemical anxiety is usually much more severe than any anxiety you had previously. It's definitely one of the worst and most common symptoms of withdrawal.

Is there any link where i coild read about chemical anxiety and uts symptoms? I couldnt find any but maybe it is just me not able to find it.