Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

4 days into tapper some memories hit

I am asking if haveing memories come back some good and some bad is something that is a healing starting to happen ?

I have only been cutting 4days about 1/4 of a .25 xanax pill and so far i am makeing it . My symptoms have been 1st day of cut  Tremor , pain , Tingling ,restlessness , fatigue , dry mouth , 2nd day the big one Depersonalisation ( not sure what it is but I think i have it ) and feeling down

Day 3 Excitability , memories stuff , Day 4 some of the above plus burnning that has been happening for months so if some fokes could let me knoe about what you think .Thanks to all this has help me so much so far as I read lots of post my best to all 

It is common for some people coming off benzos to have vivid memories.  I also had this happen to me.  Memories from my childhood that I had not thought of in decades suddenly popped int my head as clear as if they happened yesterday.  One good thing came out of it.  One day I suddenly remembered my password to my ebay account which I couldn't remember for the life of me for the last 6 years!  It was weird.  When I remembered it it was so clear, as if I had used it to log onto ebay only yesterday.

I am asking if haveing memories come back some good and some bad is something that is a healing starting to happen ?

I have only been cutting 4days about 1/4 of a .25 xanax pill and so far i am makeing it . My symptoms have been 1st day of cut  Tremor , pain , Tingling ,restlessness , fatigue , dry mouth , 2nd day the big one Depersonalisation ( not sure what it is but I think i have it ) and feeling down

Day 3 Excitability , memories stuff , Day 4 some of the above plus burnning that has been happening for months so if some fokes could let me knoe about what you think .Thanks to all this has help me so much so far as I read lots of post my best to all  

This happened to me a lot in April.  It was during an intense period of my withdrawal.  I just started using the air conditioner again because of the heat and the atmosphere in my room. I was flooded with memories of being in our air conditioned house during the summer as a very young kid.  That alone didn't bother me but I was also experiencing fear too which confused me because I didn't really have any bad memories of my summers growing up but I felt fearful as those feelings came rushing in. It wasn't just that I remembered those summers, but it felt like I was literally living them again.  I was pacing around questioning why it felt like I was going through a time warp and why I was so scared .

For me, I think it is the fear of losing control.  Withdrawal symptoms, whether physically intense or benignly mental, seem to take that sense of control away from us.  That is why even if we are flooded with pleasant memories it can be quite unnerving.  When my memories of my childhood summers came rushing back my benzo brain was telling me that I experienced horrible summers filled with the same fear I had now.  I know that not to be true, but I couldn't do much to stop it.  Memory flooding is just another strange symptom that will pass with time.

It is common for some people coming off benzos to have vivid memories.  I also had this happen to me.  Memories from my childhood that I had not thought of in decades suddenly popped int my head as clear as if they happened yesterday.  One good thing came out of it.  One day I suddenly remembered my password to my ebay account which I couldn't remember for the life of me for the last 6 years!  It was weird.  When I remembered it it was so clear, as if I had used it to log onto ebay only yesterday.

Thanks for the help and I did LOL 

I have only been cutting 4days about 1/4 of a .25 xanax pill and so far i am makeing it . My symptoms have been 1st day of cut  Tremor , pain , Tingling ,restlessness , fatigue , dry mouth , 2nd day the big one Depersonalisation ( not sure what it is but I think i have it ) and feeling down

This happened to me a lot in April.  It was during an intense period of my withdrawal.  I just started using the air conditioner again because of the heat and the atmosphere in my room. I was flooded with memories of being in our air conditioned house during the summer as a very young kid.  That alone didn't bother me but I was also experiencing fear too which confused me because I didn't really have any bad memories of my summers growing up but I felt fearful as those feelings came rushing in. It wasn't just that I remembered those summers, but it felt like I was literally living them again.  I was pacing around questioning why it felt like I was going through a time warp and why I was so scared .

For me, I think it is the fear of losing control.  Withdrawal symptoms, whether physically intense or benignly mental, seem to take that sense of control away from us.  That is why even if we are flooded with pleasant memories it can be quite unnerving.  When my memories of my childhood summers came rushing back my benzo brain was telling me that I experienced horrible summers filled with the same fear I had now.  I know that not to be true, but I couldn't do much to stop it.  Memory flooding is just another strange symptom that will pass with time.

Thanks for helping me with whats going on