Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Zopliclone

[He...]

I have been taking Zopliclone for about 15years now, had short periods of, but mainly on them.

I really want to stop taking them as I don't want to feel sedated all of the time, and very scared about not sleeping. I have no family or support from anyone and so I am reaching out to this forum for help. I only take at the most 15mg Zopliclone, along with some Diazapam but very rarely at the same time.

Hello Healthycakes, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Do you use the Zopiclone every night and could you tell us about your Diazepam use, how much and for how long and are you interested in discontinuing that as well?  We typically suggest reducing your dose by about 5-10% every couple of weeks but this should be driven by your symptoms, they can guide you so you can hopefully avoid severe symptoms.

Your sleep will suffer as you taper and recover from your use but hopefully you'll learn how to sleep on your own again.

I'll provide some links to help you navigate the forum but please let us know how we can help you, we're glad you found us.

Pamster

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Hi Healthycakes,

I'm also in the process of tapering off Zopiclone. My standard dose was 7.5mg, although did get up to 15mg for a few weeks at one point. I'm currently at 2.8mg. I'm scared of dropping down further due to concerns about not sleeping as well (the whole reason why I was put on it in the first place), so I totally get it.

My advice - go slow. Let your body get used to the small drops. I'm about to swap over to a microtaper to get off the rest - I really wish I'd done this from the start - so perhaps that's something that you might consider.

There's loads of information on this forum - there's also a Z-drug group that you can join.

Feel free to reach out if you need support.

:smitten: