Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Antibiotics and meds if needed years from now ?

[Mi...]

I see a lot of people say they had a set back once they recovers from benzos from using antibiotics or other meds needed if they were sick- I am not even 2 months in acute but wondering for future what do we do ??  I am 52 years old only assuming I may needs meds for differnt things hopefully not but curious .. can anyone explain how long ?? 

I see a lot of people say they had a set back once they recovers from benzos from using antibiotics or other meds needed if they were sick- I am not even 2 months in acute but wondering for future what do we do ??  I am 52 years old only assuming I may needs meds for differnt things hopefully not but curious .. can anyone explain how long ??

Nobody can really answer this Milly. Some people can take antibiotics no problems, and others can't. All you can do is research any meds that you may need at the time, and not just take it because your doctor thinks "maybe" it's something. But try not to worry about that now, it's just feeding your anxiety.

What ever will be, will be

Deinatley feeding my anxiety because allot more people getting COVID again  / so I am considered about what the future holds and how long will I be in recovery. It’s stressful not knowing if today I am healed or is a a window

I've been recovered many years and have never had a problem with any medication I've had to take. 

I can see benzo fear is working on you, I hope you can focus on distraction rather than worry, stress and worry will just make your symptoms worse.

Deinatley feeding my anxiety because allot more people getting COVID again  / so I am considered about what the future holds and how long will I be in recovery. It’s stressful not knowing if today I am healed or is a a window

People may be getting Covid again. But Covid is a virus, so antibiotics shouldn't be an issue. Plus the for the vast majority of people it's just a heavy cold now with the new variant.

As Pamster said, try not to let your fear and anxiety run out of control. It's an irrational fear produced by WD