Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

hi

[su...]

Hey everyone... or one person not sure who reads this.

I am joining this site because I am trying to stay away from benzos after a binge and hopefully stay off of them.

I've taken benzos in the past as prescribed and abused... ativan and other generics I can't remember the names of. I stopped all psych medication cold turkey about 3ish years ago.

Went on a week long xan binge just now and I'm seriously trying to stay away this time.

I took 2mg in one night, then 1mg for a couple nights, then 0.5 for the rest of the week. Last dose was almost 24 hours ago.

That's it. I want to be me, sober.

Hello sunnydays14,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, we are glad you are here!  I'm glad to hear you've put benzos behind you and are committed to staying away from them.  Are you having any withdrawl symptoms?  Since you didn't take them for long this time, perhaps any symptoms you have will be short-lived.

I've put some links below to get you started.  After you get settled in you can begin posting.  Let us know if you need help or have questions.

Again, welcome,

Kate08

Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal

The Xanax Club

Add your history/signature

So how are you feeling after your last dose?

I hope this the proper way to reply I'm not super familiar with these forums.

Yesterday I noticed an increase in anxiety when talking to strangers, nothing unbearable though. I posted my intro in the evening as I started to feel dizzy and generally unwell. It hit me harder last night, lots of nerve zaps some muscle twitching and I couldn't fall asleep until 4am. Kept waking up every couple hours too. So now I got maybe 4 hours of sleep and I feel pretty icky :P

I did not expect this much reaction after only about a week long binge.

It really felt like life was testing me when my hometown friends called me drunk and crying holding up a bag of ativan. LOL. I was like really, of all times for this to happen!!

But I stayed true to myself I made a short vlog documenting my thoughts and how I'm feeling to look back on if I feel tempted to use. And right now I'm really tempted to not use because I want the WD to be over earlier... not just delay it for another day.

Sorry my brain feels so scrambled and I'm really sleep deprived this might be hard to follow :(

There is a theory called kindling and it appears it may apply to you, you might want to read these definitions to help you stay away from benzo's in the future.

Kindling - The Alliance for Benzodiazepine Best Practices

https://benzoreform.org/kindling/

Kindling - Benzodiazepine Information Coalition

https://www.benzoinfo.com/kindling/

Hey I definitely agree I kindled myself with past use... currently dealing with all sorts of WD symptoms I feel like are too strong for my short usage. Thank you for the resources I really appreciate it. It's all a mental battle and I'm feeling strong!

There is a theory called kindling and it appears it may apply to you, you might want to read these definitions to help you stay away from benzo's in the future.

Kindling - The Alliance for Benzodiazepine Best Practices

https://benzoreform.org/kindling/

Kindling - Benzodiazepine Information Coalition

https://www.benzoinfo.com/kindling/

One thing I just realized I completely forgot to mention in my intro post is that I was abusing alcohol for a month or two before the xanax binge. There was a couple days of overlap at the beginning where I was drinking and taking xanax (drinking considerably less but still a lot). Then just xanax for a few days now nothing. I won't drink during the WD process even thinking about it right now makes me feel gross :-\

I have heard that benzos and alcohol act on the same GABA receptors. Does this mean my WD is more comparable to a month-long xanax user?

Its good to hear you're going to stay away from alcohol for awhile, it sounds like you really slammed your GABA receptors in the last month.  I'm not sure what your use is comparable to but I can see you're paying for it now.  Hopefully you'll come out of this soon, I'm recovering and alcohol used to scare me the most but after living through a Klonopin cold turkey, benzo's are far worse.

Hey Sunny, welcome to BB.

Before the week-long xanax binge, how long was it the last time you took a benzo?

Pam is right. Getting off booze is nothing compared to trying to get off benzos. Hopefully, the week-long binge did not hurt you too bad.

Hey Sunny, welcome to BB.

Before the week-long xanax binge, how long was it the last time you took a benzo?

Pam is right. Getting off booze is nothing compared to trying to get off benzos. Hopefully, the week-long binge did not hurt you too bad.

Hey thank you. Yup definitely messed up my GABA receptors. Last time I took benzos was April of 2019. A long experience with high doses of prescribed gabapentin (1600mg 3x a day as needed) which I CT at the same time (I'm guessing gabapentin acts on GABA receptors?). I also abused the gabapentin and had leftover pills for a long time so I remember occasionally binging on it throughout 2019 and 2020.

Reading this over I clearly have addiction issues... SMH. I know I have genetic predisposition.

Hey everyone... or one person not sure who reads this.

I am joining this site because I am trying to stay away from benzos after a binge and hopefully stay off of them.

I've taken benzos in the past as prescribed and abused... ativan and other generics I can't remember the names of. I stopped all psych medication cold turkey about 3ish years ago.

Went on a week long xan binge just now and I'm seriously trying to stay away this time.

I took 2mg in one night, then 1mg for a couple nights, then 0.5 for the rest of the week. Last dose was almost 24 hours ago.

That's it. I want to be me, sober.

Update for everyone tonight I will be 48 hours since my last dose. Feeling ok, it comes in waves. Last night was pretty rough but luckily I haven't had electrical nerve pain since... maybe it is behind me.

I can be a bitch when it comes to being sick, LOL. My pain tolerance is low. Overall this doesn't seem nearly as bad as other WD I've had from meds like seroquel and CTing my psych concoctions.

I will be ok! Worst part is a lot of my hometown friends relapsed at the same time as me... one even relapsed and got sober literally at the same time and we were both hiding it from each other. Had no idea until this morning. I am going to have to do some re-evaluating of these friendships in the next few weeks as I see how their use develops. If I want to stay clean I definitely can't be getting calls from my barred out friends  :-\