Cant visualize anymore! Blank mind

[So...]

Hi!

Anyone lose their ability to visualize and daydream and then get it back? I used to live in my head, but now i cant daydream at all, and when i try to visualize it all just pitch Black. Cant even se an Apple in my head.

There is this resistance in my head when i try too visualize or imagine things and images just burn out at once and my visualization is blurry and unclear and seems so far away if i even manage to get a little picture!

My head is so foggy and spaced out! And i feel like my brain has this dense pressure/cotton feeling in it. And this is in the way of the dreaming, thinking and visualizing.

Anyone get it back?

I struggle to remember and my cognitive abilities are almost zero because i used to remember by visualizing.

Anyone have these symptoms and get better?

You have described how my head feels entirely.    The dense pressure cotton feeling.  And what I call brain fog.  It has been bad for me lately and I recently updosed a few times to avoid going to the hospital.  The updosing, although helpful, seemed to prolong a nasty wave.  One that I am just coming out of thankfully.   

What you describe seems like normal tapering and withdrawal symptoms.    There have been brain changes from the medication and it takes some of us a long time to heal and correct.  I was unable to cry for years while I was on benzos.  I am able to cry now, sometimes.    It is such a relief, but the healing process is not linear for me yet.  I can be thrown back into bad symptoms.

I know it sounds cliché,  but do anything you can do to give yourself a message of love and faith...  your body is healing.  Sleeplessness is part of it.  Brain fog is definitely part of it.  The windows will come.

I did for a while, I’m back to being able to imagine/visualize things now  :)

How long did you have it for? Did it go away gradually?

Did you also just see Black when trying to visualize? I try to see an image in my head, but its still just Black even if i really try. Sometimes i can get i really blurry distant image for a swift second, but that is all.

[75...]
Mine faded with time over a couple of years. I mind was completely blank for the first 10-12 months. Then I started being able to vision things a little at a time.

Mine faded with time over a couple of years. I mind was completely blank for the first 10-12 months. Then I started being able to vision things a little at a time.

Was your mind completely blank?

I have lost all ability to visualize, daydream, imagine and fantasize! I struggle to think and come up with ideas. I have lost all creative, abstract and associative thinking. When i close my eyes all is black and empty.

I just really struggle with having no thoughts or imaginations at all. I am just so bored because i cant entertain myself with my own thougts. Its so distressing. I cant think creativly, associative or abstract. I am just bored. I walk down the Street and unless i talk to myself there are no thougts or fantasies in my head, even if i try to force it. Its just empty. Its like i am not even in there. When i try to fantazise it just does not want to happen. I cant visualize and i dont have any imagination or creativity.

I cant come up with stories even. I just Feel so stupid and boring. My creativity and imagination is totally gone. It does not Feel like its blocked, it just Feels like its gone really. I dont get ideas or thougts. My head is empty. I cant force the creativity because its just gone now.

For someone who is used to thinking imagining and having ideas about all there is, this is really scary. I cant focus or concentrate on things either. I struggle to get interested because i cant picture it. I read a menu on a restaurant and pictueres of the food does not automatically pop up in my head like before, so i have to concentrate to remember what the food is. This is just an example of How it feels. Everything just feels so abstract and far away. I struggle to understand things also.

I also struggle to read because i dont get pictures in my head when i read, and it makes it hard to understand words and and understand the story!

• 1 year later...

Was your mind completely blank?

I have lost all ability to visualize, daydream, imagine and fantasize! I struggle to think and come up with ideas. I have lost all creative, abstract and associative thinking. When i close my eyes all is black and empty.

I just really struggle with having no thoughts or imaginations at all. I am just so bored because i cant entertain myself with my own thougts. Its so distressing. I cant think creativly, associative or abstract. I am just bored. I walk down the Street and unless i talk to myself there are no thougts or fantasies in my head, even if i try to force it. Its just empty. Its like i am not even in there. When i try to fantazise it just does not want to happen. I cant visualize and i dont have any imagination or creativity.

I cant come up with stories even. I just Feel so stupid and boring. My creativity and imagination is totally gone. It does not Feel like its blocked, it just Feels like its gone really. I dont get ideas or thougts. My head is empty. I cant force the creativity because its just gone now.

For someone who is used to thinking imagining and having ideas about all there is, this is really scary. I cant focus or concentrate on things either. I struggle to get interested because i cant picture it. I read a menu on a restaurant and pictueres of the food does not automatically pop up in my head like before, so i have to concentrate to remember what the food is. This is just an example of How it feels. Everything just feels so abstract and far away. I struggle to understand things also.

I also struggle to read because i dont get pictures in my head when i read, and it makes it hard to understand words and and understand the story!

Sofa, this is me to a T.  Lost visualization ability after jumping.  I was going to therapy and we tried to do visualization exercises and everything was just blank.  Said I’m not doing this anymore. 

I don’t let it stress me out but it does suck.  And yes I feel boring and like so have nothing to say.  My mind is just kind of blank.  I think a lot of that is because my emotions are also gone and those drive your thoughts and interests. 

The weird thing is I still have tons of knowledge and remember everything.  But, I need a prompt or someone to engage me to get it out.  If I’m just sitting around, there is very little going through my mind.  Don’t let it stress you out.  It will get better like every other symptom.  Just figure out the best ways to engage your mind.