Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Going back to initial dose of K to avoid MDD, anxiety relapse?

[Em...]

I am almost relapsing.  I CTed Blood pressure medicine, Diovan 160mg because of side effects. BP spiked.  Then my mother passed away 2 weeks ago.  I stopped daily walk for 3 weeks.  I feel like I may need to be hospitalized 7th time in my life for MDD and anxiety.  I have been tapering K from 1 - 2.5 mg down to .324 mg.  Zoloft 100mg.  I was able to taper off 10 different meds down to two. 

I can’t sleep, which always triggers relapse. Will going back to .5 mg K help me to sleep?  I know many people say never go back.  But if it works, shouldn’t it be better than being hospitalized where docs will add up or increase the dose meds?    Appreciate advice.Thank you.

If this were me, yes, I would try to go back up a little and see if it helps. That would be better than going to the hospital and them giving you a lot more stuff to try and stabilize you. You have a lotta stress going on in your life ATM. I am so sorry to hear about your mother. Please be kind to yourself and do what you think might help you a little for now.
  • Love 1

Thank you for your response.  Yes, it would be better off going back than meds to be added up by doctors.  I will ask my doctor about that.