Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Obsessing over symptoms - OCD?

[So...]

I am not living at all. It has come to a ponit were all i can manage is to obsess over my symptoms. I literally cannot get myself to think about anything else. I cant focus or concentrate because my mind is so OCD-like obsestes.

I cant daydream or visualize, so i dont have that escape. My headpressure is so bad and constantly reminds me something is off. My whole head feels off. I just obsessivly Google all the time, and if i dont its like its causing me physical and mental pain. Its just so strange.

I am not present, and i am embarresd when i sm with Friends because my mind still wont let it go and i am still obsessing and cant get out of it even if i try!

Please help! How can i get out of it? Is it withdrawal causing this as a symptom or is it my anxious mind?

Unfortunately this is all wd, very typical ax, I have had the exact same thing, non stop googling of sx, it’s better now, I mainly do it on wave days not every day.

Yes, it’s all withdrawal. We all live on Google obsessing over these symptoms for a long time. It’s because it’s unbelievable that this can even be true, how can something like this happen? And it’s so painful we want it to end, Drs aren’t much help so all we have is to Google because we want relief. I understand why we do this and when you start to get better you won’t obsess as much. Hang in there.

Yes, it’s all withdrawal. We all live on Google obsessing over these symptoms for a long time. It’s because it’s unbelievable that this can even be true, how can something like this happen? And it’s so painful we want it to end, Drs aren’t much help so all we have is to Google because we want relief. I understand why we do this and when you start to get better you won’t obsess as much. Hang in there.

I just Feel so trapped in my head!

My head wont relax, and the obsessive thougtd are so bad i cant even relax and just listen to the music! I have bad OCD thoughts about my symptoms and this uncontrollable rumination.  Dont know what to do. I am obsessing so much that i cant focus on music or anything, my head feels trapped! The thoughts and urges are pushed at me i feel. I cant focus on anything else! My thoughts are trapped and i cant focus on anything else! Why its so scary? I have no control over my mind and my feelings!

Everyday i lose more of myself and i can physically Feel it en my head!

So much dpdr, my vision dont process, my hearing dont process, everything is off! Its a fog i cant break through!

It's my only symptom and because of it I I felt in other symptoms as anxiety and depression.

If I didn't have OCD and intrusive thoughts I'll be perfect, I'll pass without withdrawal probably.

I didn't have it after the jumping for 3 months and in the 5th month started again.

I don't have urges, I have only sensations in my genitals and I'm very angry cause it looks that my brain and body are not connected.

The doctor told me that in the withdrawal everything is milion times more intense.

Our nerves are over sensitive.

I also pee in myself from fear a few times, something that never happened before.

It's the withdrawal.

Will pass.

OCD hypocondria and obsessing over symptoms to me sounds like a normal coping mechanism against anxiety/fear. I guess since our anxiety is like 1000000x the normal amount our brains have two main ways to zone out  - one is DPDR the other is OCD, other ppl raw dog the fear directly and that has it's own difficulty too.

I seem to get a handful of both DPDR and OCD at 2 months out lucky me 😁

p.s. if an illness stops you from functioning normally throughout the day, in this case withdrawals, constantly googling is a form of reassurance (and tbh totally justified imho cuz wds suck).. you can reach out to a therapist @ NOCD and work with them to practice ERP therapy, I had my first session a couple days ago, the beginning is not easy at all lol

Same here. I went from being normal and healthy to this is my life 24/7

There were some windows fortunately where  I was much better

Now I'm in a wave/ setback and I'm back at OCD stage.

It's par for the course

• 10 months later...

This is me! Every word u wrote. Cant stop thinking of wd and symptoms. Whatever i do its constant in the background. And every free moment i use to google symptoms and reassure my self. Being on this forum 24/7 searching for stuff. And it lasts for more then a year. Onlybin windows it lets go a bit.

Please,just please, if anyone else had/have this, tell me your experiences. I sometimes wonder if OCD is my original dx and not wd. As I just CANNOT stop googling. Its scary :/

It’s definitely a symptom of w/d. How can you possibly think of anything else when your entire body, brain and mind are just screaming??!

I try to go for a walk-it helps. When I just sit-which is constant-I just scan and overthink and obsess and look for reassurance here, Dr Google! It’s normal.

Everyone says distraction helps, and it does-if you can break the chain and do that. Or move, just move-wash a dish, 4. Watch a stand up comedy on Netflix, reels on Instagram. Try do do something-anything, even for a moments relief.

There’s also anti anxiety medication, if you want to go that route. I’ve tried 3 this past month-total failure, but I am trying another (Gabetentin) today. Me? If there is something that can help my damaged body? I’m trying it. Will it work? What if it does????🙏