Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Thought I turned a corner

[Gi...]

Hi all. So at 3 months I had a week a half window. I felt healed. Well that didn't last. I feel like I'm getting worse and no one around me understands. They all think it just my mind set and that If I go back to work I'll be fine. I can't work. I'm so depressed or I feel nothing at all along with my nerves feeling like they are raw. I have zero hope and that scares me. How could this medicine do so much damage.

Hi all. So at 3 months I had a week a half window. I felt healed. Well that didn't last. I feel like I'm getting worse and no one around me understands. They all think it just my mind set and that If I go back to work I'll be fine. I can't work. I'm so depressed or I feel nothing at all along with my nerves feeling like they are raw. I have zero hope and that scares me. How could this medicine do so much damage.

Unfortunately this process is not linear...Soon as u feel u have made some progress.. You get thrown right back into a wave..

No one will understand your journey but only your fellow warriors...Not even the medical people....Not even the crazy guy that made this drug...They are all clueless...

It gets better though....

Bexlan. Thank you for responding to my rant. Sometimes all I need is someone to validate my feelings. It helps me not feel so crazy and alone in all of this. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

How could this medicine do so much damage… that is the question we all would like answered. I understand your pain, we all do. You may be alone in your world but you aren’t alone here. There are many people here who understand your pain and validate you. I’m much better now, it took a long time but finally I got my life back. I didn’t think I’d ever get better, I thought I was ruined forever, I cried every day for close to a year, every single day and look at me now, I’m functional and abled again. It does get better, it’s slow and really a terrible journey but it’s not a life sentence. Hang in there.

• 2 weeks later...

You are making progress. This is the nature of this beast

I've had windows where I felt great for months. Thought I was good to go and now in a major wave.

I've been off quite a few years. Not that most people go on this long.

It just takes time. Try to accept if you can. The fact that you feel good sometimes is a really positive indication.

I will bet money on you feeling better and better as time goes on