Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Questions

[Sp...]

A month out and sometimes reading through these posts really scares me and other times I feel such relief that I’m not dying but recovering. Is it normal to still be experiencing symptoms a year out?? What is the majority time frame to be back to normal?? I feel like I am already experiencing windows. Yesterday for example, I felt almost normal all day which so I embraced…mowed the lawn, worked out, put plants in ect…Today I feel awful…my body has a deep ache ecspecially in my left leg, toes have been frozen/numb off and on all day, dizzy, feel like I can’t swallow, and dry heaving out of no where. Sometimes when Im reading info on here I get soo scared that this is going to last a really long time and I will never be back to me??? Is having large windows s month out s good sign???  Please tell me it is more likely to be done in a few months than it isn’t??? Today sucks. I feel like I have a lot more physical symptoms than mental symptoms…that statement was not true during taper and right after the jump. I was s nervous wreck and anxiety was taking over my body but once I figured out it was the drugs and not MS my anxiety kind of went away. Mostly anyways…I still get that inner fluttering feeling but I can breathe my way through it. Any input on what I can most likely expect????

Unfortunately there is no timeframe. Some people heal in weeks and some years. It’s up to your body to heal. I’m at 28 months and not quite there yet. Just be patient, it will happen.

Everyone will have a different withdrawal experience. After all, we are all different genetically and many factors contribute to how this process plays out.

One strong element in your favor is the fact you are having windows. That really points to some very good healing going on. Also remember that you are only one month out, that is really early days for benzo withdrawal. I personally was pretty ill at one month off and still spending my days in my 'oasis', my bedroom. 

It can be scary to read about other's journeys, but remember, this is not you.  One thing I did was to 'shop' for the threads and posts that best helped me and my situation.  I found a great cohort of members that I got to know, virtually. We helped each other, encouraged each other, these people were a great help to me.

It sounds like you just overdid it the other day, I've been there myself.  The central nervous system is pretty fragile and it doesn't take much to upset the apple cart. 

The best thing I did for myself was to distract. I had many things I did to distract from symptoms from puzzles, games, easy going movies and books to deep belly breathing.

Acceptance and patience is important in this process, both were hard for me but ultimately helped tremendously.

pianogirl  :smitten:

Springflower33, When I felt good I always overdid it and then was right back with symptoms, sometimes worse than before.  This will resolve itself, so just remember if you have a day of feeling good, again, pace yourself and just enjoy the feeling.  Hugs, Spazzie