Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Can someone tell me what healing feels like ?

[Mi...]

Hi, I am trying to be positive and I know it’s silly for me to ask only almost 2 months from klonopin rapid detox - but I read a lot about healing / or people say I am in healing etc.. how does one know they are healing or are recovered - just being hopeful that maybe someone can miraculously  healed  within a month 2, 3?  I know I am sounding desperate but I am — so afraid of the future ? Will symptoms get worse ? Is what I am feeling now what would be the worse ??  Any explanation would help

Kate08 ? Have you reached any of these phases ?

At nearly two years off benzos, I am recovered from benzo withdrawl.  Insomnia was my worst symptom by far and even that has finally (and I am so glad to say this  :-) resolved. Truth be told, I am in a better place than I had been for a long time because benzos has quit working for me and were actually working against me - I was in tolerance and had terrible interdose withdrawl.  my anxiety was through the roof and the benzos I was taking for it were making it worse.  Letting benzos go, while hard, was the best thing I had done for myself and those I love in a long time.