Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Help Sleeping More Suggestions Please

[Tx...]

Hello,

So currently I am taking quite a bit for sleep at night and I know some of these things can ramp up symptoms in certain people. This combo besides a couple pieces I have been taken for over a year and most recommended by my doctor with myself adding a few tweaks here and there. I still find I have been getting 3-4 hours of poor sleep a night on this combo. Let me know what suggestions I might be able to add or any suggestions you have please.

500mg Gaba

5mg melatonin(sometimes up to 10)

Magnesium l theonate

400 mg ltheanine

60mg of multispectrum cbd,cbg,cbn, and cbc

Occasionally add a little kava to this mix as well.

I am still completely off benzos and do drink a little alcohol as well most nights for background info.

Any suggestions are appreciated. The biggest problem is my mind shuts off for a few hours then it’s back aggressively by 1-4am at best.

Thank you!

A CBD and THC combo edible.

just fyi melatonin is recommended in doses no greater than 1 or 2 mgs. It's a hormone naturally produced by our bodies, not a sleeping pill. Its purpose is to "prepare" us for sleep. Darkness triggers the body to make melatonin. Taking 5 or 10 mgs of melatonin is not helpful. If you think your body is deficient in melatonin, 1 or 2 mgs is enough.

Camomille tea worked for me also when I was tapering.

No phones or tablets (i.e. no "blue light") for an hour before bedtime.

Soothing music -- YouTube has tons of it.

Hope this helps,

Katz

Congratulations for making it off lorazepam!

I sometimes take tart cherry juice.  It's loaded with natural melatonin, and worked the best for me out of all the things I tried.

Thank you for all the recommendations. I used to take sleep time tea several years ago but stopped for some reason. In need to give it another go. For the melatonin I only have 5mg pills but could try taking half. I also had never heard of cherries being high in melatonin which is interesting. I will give it a go and see how it works. Thank y’all for the suggestions.