Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

one remaining debilitating symptom

[ka...]

Me, too, Kanoba!  I am still having some of the awful headaches with pressure and buzzing and burning, but much less now.  Interestingly, three different neurologists (one moved away) have given three different diagnosis:  1) Tension headaches; 2) migraines) and 3) TMJ.  My internist thinks the headaches are the result of taking Valium as a muscle relaxer.  So, another mystery remains, but I guess and hope that at some point the headaches will fade away as most of my other symptoms have.

I pray yours take a hike, too!

Hugs,

GG

[78...]
head and neck pain was a big symptom for me that was the worst part of the 26th day from when i jumped off CT. felt like my head was in a vice grip. i feel like the pain moves around. could be in my head or neck, my tooth gums bleeding) my back like sciatic pain. my stomach. if my head hurts my stomach is no longer hurting if i get my head to stop it could go to my tooth and then move again.

Yeah head pressure and pain too. Just had some blood work done actually and my immune system results were low, liver high and red blood low, so I think it's immune response and inflammation due to the brain injury. Doctors Monday to discuss it. I may not just get dismissed with anxiety this time!

Tinnitus… this is a terrible symptom without suffering withdrawal, I can’t believe many of us here had to survive withdrawal whilst getting and being stuck with Tinnitus. Really a raw deal. It’s gotten better but I have associated it with this experience so it’s part of the trauma. I think if I got it from loud music, the association to trauma would be less and I’d be able to handle being stuck with it indefinitely. For as long as I have it, I can’t completely move from this experience. Perhaps I need talk therapy to help with this who knows but I don’t feel ready because accepting to live with this, from this experience is a lot to swallow, hopefully this will change.

Yeah head pressure and pain too. Just had some blood work done actually and my immune system results were low, liver high and red blood low, so I think it's immune response and inflammation due to the brain injury. Doctors Monday to discuss it. I may not just get dismissed with anxiety this time!

How did it go?

How did it go?

Waste of time, just said it wasn't that bad. I don't know why I bothered, It's like banging your head against a brick wall

Tinnitus… this is a terrible symptom without suffering withdrawal, I can’t believe many of us here had to survive withdrawal whilst getting and being stuck with Tinnitus. Really a raw deal. It’s gotten better but I have associated it with this experience so it’s part of the trauma. I think if I got it from loud music, the association to trauma would be less and I’d be able to handle being stuck with it indefinitely. For as long as I have it, I can’t completely move from this experience. Perhaps I need talk therapy to help with this who knows but I don’t feel ready because accepting to live with this, from this experience is a lot to swallow, hopefully this will change.

I'm right there with you, most of my symptoms are gone but the tinnitus is 24/7. A little burning In my right leg but the tinnitus sucks because when I hear it, I realize that I'm still in the middle of this. Time will tell if this is permanent.

head and neck pain was a big symptom for me that was the worst part of the 26th day from when i jumped off CT. felt like my head was in a vice grip. i feel like the pain moves around. could be in my head or neck, my tooth gums bleeding) my back like sciatic pain. my stomach. if my head hurts my stomach is no longer hurting if i get my head to stop it could go to my tooth and then move again.

Wow, I get the moving around pain/discomfort also. I mostly have chest pressure. Sometimes, it moves from the chest to my stomach....sometimes to lower back and my back hurts like crazy. You are right. When my back is hurting bad, I no longer feel it in my chest (strange) but it is mostly concentrated in my chest area. Ugh--