Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Is there a paper or anything I can send to my doctor about the 10% rule?

[fu...]

I was over the fence about updosing and gaining some more time with more life quality or starting my taper again. I am considering the second now.

For this, I need my doctor to support me on this strategy to formalize a proposition to my work. I think I can achieve a policy of less working hours and more tolerance regarding my waves if my doctor make up her mind on this.

What document, paper or source would you present?

The deprescribing guidance document cited below was developed by the Benzodiazepine Action Work Group of the Colorado Consortium for Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention. (The authors were very careful to distinguish between ‘drug abuse’ and ‘drug dependence’ in the document.)  It has now been endorsed by the two major advocacy groups for improving benzodiazepine prescribing and deprescribing practices in the US (the Benzodiazepine Information Coalition and the Alliance for Benzodiazepine Best Practices).

The document is up-to-date, well-written, concise, and evidence-based.  Several members have shared it with their prescribers with positive results.

Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance Document (2021)

https://corxconsortium.org/wp-content/uploads/Benzo-Deperscribing.pdf

The deprescribing guidance document cited below was developed by the Benzodiazepine Action Work Group of the Colorado Consortium for Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention. (The authors were very careful to distinguish between ‘drug abuse’ and ‘drug dependence’ in the document.)  It has now been endorsed by the two major advocacy groups for improving benzodiazepine prescribing and deprescribing practices in the US (the Benzodiazepine Information Coalition and the Alliance for Benzodiazepine Best Practices).

The document is up-to-date, well-written, concise, and evidence-based.  Several members have shared it with their prescribers with positive results.

Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance Document (2021)

https://corxconsortium.org/wp-content/uploads/Benzo-Deperscribing.pdf

Thank so much for sharing this, I am so glad that such document exists.

You are most welcome, fullofdetermination. I’m glad the document exists as well.  I hope it will be of use to many of our members and their prescribers.