Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Set back after 12 yrs off

[gr...]

Hello there, I've been benzo free for 12 yrs now after a horrible 2 week rapid detox at a detox facility. Once I got out the real challenge started. I had become agoraphobic on top of all the other symptoms that came along with it. I didn't leave my home for 8 months. It was a long recovery. The first couple of years where definitely the hardest. I stayed off work for 9 years. Finally after returning to work everything was looking great. I had a good job, got married, new car and even was blessed with my first child. 3 yrs after starting to work I became seriously overwhelmed with my new life. Too much to mention. So months after feeling stressed out I finally developed chronic insomnia only sleeping around 2 to 3hrs a night for almost 2 months. I ended having some kind of nervous breakdown. That nervous breakdown led to my set back. Bringing me all the way back to feeling like I did when I barely git off xanax. If not as bad pretty close. I can no longer work because of how sick I feel.

Edit:  protect anonymity

Hello gregor23,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, we are glad you are here!  I am so sorry you've had such a setback after doing so well - I can't imagine how devastating this would be.  I hope you can make friendly connections here and get some support; the support of this community was so important for my recovery.

I've put links below to get you started.  You can post when ready.  Please let us know when you need help or have questions.

Again, welcome,

Kate08

Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal

Insomnia

Oh let's hope this setback is short.  I  think we all have a tendency to do too much and after these detoxes especially the cold turkey ones, I think we need to go slow.  I am tapering this time but may lose my prescriber in which case I would have to go thru a cold turkey again.

Where did you go for your initial detox?