Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

10 years of Xanax. I want out.

[Ai...]

Hello Airluck454,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, it is nice to have you as a member of our community!  We can support you as you taper from benzos.  Are you doing this on your own or with the help of your doctor?  We suggest a slow taper with reductions in the 5-10% every two weeks range; going slow tends to minimize withdrawl symptoms and allows you to stay functional.  You will find helpful taper information with the link to the Ashton Manual below.  Of course, some of our members go faster and some go even slower.

Get settled in and when you are ready, you can start posting.  Let us know if you have questions or need help.

Again, welcome,

Kate08

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Hi Airluck,

Good to have you here. It is more comfortable to taper slowly. It always takes longer than we want but we do get there. What are your taper plans?

Hardy.

I have been fortunate that regardless of the pressure that brought me to this situation, I have never exceeded 3 mg per day.  I am aiming for a 1/2 mg per month reduction, phasing out to zero at the end of six months.

Thank you so much for kind words and sound advice.

p.s.  I still figuring out how to communicate on this site.  I hope this reaches you.

I have been fortunate that regardless of the pressure that brought me to this situation, I have never exceeded 3 mg per day.  I am aiming for a 1/2 mg per month reduction, phasing out to zero at the end of six months.

Thank you so much for kind words and sound advice.

p.s.  I still figuring out how to communicate on this site.  I hope this reaches you.

I was on clonazepam 3mg/day and tapered off over six months.  I found that rate doable and I hope you will also.  Please give yourself the option of doing slower or holding along the way if you need to.  Taper plans should optimally be flexible.

All the best to you.  :thumbsup:

Thank you for your info and support.  We appear to have been dependent on very similar dosages.  I will be flexible, but I am glad to hear that 6-months is not unreasonable timeframe.