Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Hi

[Po...]

Hello,

I am joining BenzoBuddies because I need emotional support through this process.  I have taken xanax for about 2.5-3 years.  I am down to 1.5mg. I just swapped over to valium and I am hoping to taper off and be completely free in about 10 weeks. 

I don't feel totally comfortable with social media, but I feel very alone in this so I am reaching out.

Thanks!

Hello PollyPollen,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, we are glad you have joined our community!  Congrats on the progress you have made on your taper.  I'm glad you are making connections for support during this process - having this community was so important to me as I tapered off benzos.  Is your doctor helping you with your taper?  I hope the switch to Valium will make things smoother for you since it is a much longer-acting benzo than Xanax.

I've put some links below to get you started.  Please look around this site to get familiar with things.  Let us know if you have questions or need help.

Again, welcome,

Kate08

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Valium Tapering Support

Add your history/signature

Hi Polly, good to have you here. I set myself up for disappointment by setting a date to be off and it came and went and I felt a failure. Set another date, another failure. I don’t think it matters how long it takes as long as you are reducing, no matter how tiny the reductions. I did quit but it took longer than I had hoped…..about a year. Please be generous to yourself and give yourself time.

All good wishes. Hardy.