Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

List of Medicines/Antibiotics that can cause a setback?

[Ne...]

I have read enough personal experiences of the setbacks caused by medicines post discontinuation of benzo and while in recovery.    As I am entering a more “back to pre-benzo state”, I as I am sure many others want to avoid any major relapses/setbacks due to use of future prescribed medicines.  Does anyone have a link to a list that one could share?  If not, please respond to any that you have had a setback to and I will comprise a list for future reference on this site.  Please be as specific as to the name of the medicine, what it was prescribed for and if you know of any suitable alternative  that did not cause a setback.  As we know that everyone is different, this could be used only as a potential reference point.  Thanks in advance.

[e9...]
many different foods and medicines bind to your gaba receptors. my theory is that anything you consume that has an effect on gaba will ramp up symptoms bc your receptors are trying to heal after being down regulated for so long.

My inquiry is more about medicines and about supplements  as based on posts, so many respond differently to supplements.  However, there seems to be a common thread with issues with antibiotics, steroids, etc.

You were such a short time user I doubt it would effect you, as hopefully your CNS isn't too sensitive. But if you are sensitive, anything can cause you a setback. Different people react to different things. People have setbacks from stress. There's unfortunately no way of knowing. Just try to avoid things as much as possible. But I wouldn't go wasting your time worrying about it. If you need an antibiotic or you'll die, you'll have to take it.

Thanks.  I have seen this list.  I am looking not at supplements but more of prescribed medicines that really did a major setback - such as steroid nasal spray, antibiotics, etc.  Based on so many posts, it appears supplements differ for so many people but there is a more common negative reaction to some prescribed medicines while still in recovery.

Well bummer. I read that list. I am taking L theanine and Magnesium. I also sometimes drink teas that have Chamomile, valerian and skullcap in them. I also eat cbd dummies occasionally. So I guess I am suppose to stop all that?

Well bummer. I read that list. I am taking L theanine and Magnesium. I also sometimes drink teas that have Chamomile, valerian and skullcap in them. I also eat cbd dummies occasionally. So I guess I am suppose to stop all that?

One size does NOT fit all, please don't make drastic changes over a list, listen to your own body, it will keep you on the right track.

My original post was not to discuss supplements, many of which are on the list that was mentioned prior in these posts.  I have taken chamomile, lemon balm, lavender, thc, CBD, vitamin D, fish oil and other items on this list with no side effects.  Everyone is different and should try based on their own body reactions.  What I am seeking are the names of prescribed medicines taken during withdrawal/recovery that have been significantly problematic with regards to individuals. In this way, for us in recovery, we may better steer our Drs. toward use of other alternatives that are not problematic.  Hope this helps in the information that I am seeking.  Thanks.