Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Short intense waves anyone?

[gt...]

First, I should say that I have been doing a lot better recently in my 9 month post jump. I have been driving and going out with my family much more. I am very thankful for these days. In fact, I think this weekend was the most progress I have seen so far. Yet, I had a surprise intense wave yesterday and this is not the first I have had like this. I could not function. I could barely walk, couldn't think clearly, and had to lay in bed in between doing simple tasks. I was gasping for air all day, like I had just run a marathon. I woke up this morning and it was gone and I have been doing better than normal actually. Has anyone else experienced short intense waves like this?

Hi Gtheo, I am sorry you had that bad wave, but I have read in many posts that this happens often after being off for awhile, but the good news is that most people state that after an extremely bad wave they feel so much better and they often  feel much more healed. That is probably what is going on with you.  Hang in there! I will be praying for you.. :)

I'm right now in a one, and I hope will be short.

I'm 5 months off after 16 years addiction benzo +opiates, the first 3 months after the jumping I was amazing, I wasn't that good and pre whole drugs story.

Then in 4 month I felt in some anhedonia for 3 weeks, but then again I was more than perfect without any symptoms.

I was thinking that that's it. Im healed. Hahaha

And the night when I shared my happiness here I felt again in crazy wave with 0 sleep first time since I jumped and morbid intrusive thoughts.

That's mine main symptoms that were nightmare trough whole tapering when I was in acute actually cause the tape was very rapid, but is interesting that I started to feel amazing immediately after the jumping, the next morning when I slept without benzo I slept 10 hours I and woke with euphoria and screaming from happiness.

Usually is the opposite with many cases.

I'm thinking in my case the autosuggestion plays big role.

I had such a beautiful off beginning because I was visualise all that.

How ever from a few days ago I felt in something similar to acute and after 5 months amazing sleeping I can't sleep again.

Like acute completely.

I think the Spring also have some impact.

To me from always was caused me anxiety and insomnia.

Will see.

I hope will be short wave.

First, I should say that I have been doing a lot better recently in my 9 month post jump. I have been driving and going out with my family much more. I am very thankful for these days. In fact, I think this weekend was the most progress I have seen so far. Yet, I had a surprise intense wave yesterday and this is not the first I have had like this. I could not function. I could barely walk, couldn't think clearly, and had to lay in bed in between doing simple tasks. I was gasping for air all day, like I had just run a marathon. I woke up this morning and it was gone and I have been doing better than normal actually. Has anyone else experienced short intense waves like this?

I had a very bad wave on month of 5.5 till now which is getting better, I was scared too...but it is way better now...Hope fully no more wave.

Hello all,

I have experienced short intense waves up to month 14 post jump. I am now in month 16 and haven’t experienced the intense waves for a couple of months now… I am hoping they are gone for good…

I still have 3-5 lingering symptoms every couple of days, but most days I feel 95% well…

Wish everyone a fast recovery 🙂

Karla

Definitely have had the short intense waves, and also rapid cycling of symptoms - even within one day!

Things can shift and change so quickly intros journey - just when you think you have figured out a pattern for yourself - I promise it will shift!

It gets better:)