Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

A message of hope

[...]

Hi all.  It gets better.  It really does.

I had a severe setback in October 2021.  That was 5 months ago.  I am also 16 months off jumping from Ativan.  The setback was horrible.  The worst!  I could not even eat without experiencing severe mental and physical torture.  You can read all about it in my ‘setback blog’.  I had dark, dark thoughts, severe depression, fear, impending doom, severe anxiety, could not eat, lost 25 lbs in just a month, multiple ER visits.  I did not know how I would survive.  If there was a hell on earth, this is it.  I cannot even describe in words how horrible, horrible, horrible it was!

Today it is so much better.  I can eat without too many symptoms.  The depression, fear, doom is gone.  I can sleep 7 hours.  The dark thoughts are gone.  I look forward to each day.  I am a solid 50% healed.  I am well on my way now.

What have I done to get here?  A lot actually.  At first nothing could console me - actually the first 3 months were absolute terror.  I could not even distract.  In months 4 & 5 things started to change.  I found a spiritual/energy healer and we worked on my energy, my thoughts, and a new way of life.  I went to CBT therapy twice a week.  The healer and therapist helped me understand there is a purpose in this suffering.  I have learned so much from this.  I found something to do that I enjoyed.  I surrounded myself with only positivity.  I stopped reading the negative entries on BB.  I meditated, thinking about myself as fully healed.  I went back to my life and tried very hard to completely ignore my symptoms.  I thought of my symptoms as a cold or flu that would pass.  I just powered through the days.  I also used various manifestation techniques including the Bengston method.  And of course, ‘time.’  Time is a huge factor in healing.  Sometimes you just have to wait it out!

I still have a ways to go but the healing is more rapid now.  For those of you still suffering, I know your pain.  I’ve been there.  You will heal!  If I was able to come back this you can too!! 

I wish all of you speedy healing.  We will all be on the other side soon enough!

JBen021, thank you for making my day!  You have given a boatload of hope today to many buddies who are still deep in the trenches, and will read this post and say….wow, he came through hell, but he looked for positive ways to help himself heal, and he is now on his way!

Hugs and blessings from……

GG

Good news mate, I think my setback was a similar timescale. Happy to hear your progress

Onwards and Upwards

JBen,

I am SO HAPPY to hear that you are seeing major progress this is amazing news!! I remember frequently reading through your setback blog as I was setback as well about a month before you. I'm also seeing major healing and feel I am almost out the other side of this at 6months out. I'm so incredibly happy for you, this is amazing news, thank you for sharing!!  :smitten:

Hi all.  It gets better.  It really does.

I had a severe setback in October 2021.  That was 5 months ago.  I am also 16 months off jumping from Ativan.  The setback was horrible.  The worst!  I could not even eat without experiencing severe mental and physical torture.  You can read all about it in my ‘setback blog’.  I had dark, dark thoughts, severe depression, fear, impending doom, severe anxiety, could not eat, lost 25 lbs in just a month, multiple ER visits.  I did not know how I would survive.  If there was a hell on earth, this is it.  I cannot even describe in words how horrible, horrible, horrible it was!

Today it is so much better.  I can eat without too many symptoms.  The depression, fear, doom is gone.  I can sleep 7 hours.  The dark thoughts are gone.  I look forward to each day.  I am a solid 50% healed.  I am well on my way now.

What have I done to get here?  A lot actually.  At first nothing could console me - actually the first 3 months were absolute terror.  I could not even distract.  In months 4 & 5 things started to change.  I found a spiritual/energy healer and we worked on my energy, my thoughts, and a new way of life.  I went to CBT therapy twice a week.  The healer and therapist helped me understand there is a purpose in this suffering.  I have learned so much from this.  I found something to do that I enjoyed.  I surrounded myself with only positivity.  I stopped reading the negative entries on BB.  I meditated, thinking about myself as fully healed.  I went back to my life and tried very hard to completely ignore my symptoms.  I thought of my symptoms as a cold or flu that would pass.  I just powered through the days.  I also used various manifestation techniques including the Bengston method.  And of course, ‘time.’  Time is a huge factor in healing.  Sometimes you just have to wait it out!

I still have a ways to go but the healing is more rapid now.  For those of you still suffering, I know your pain.  I’ve been there.  You will heal!  If I was able to come back this you can too!! 

I wish all of you speedy healing.  We will all be on the other side soon enough!

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post this!  So many of my symptoms have mirrored yours, and your experience shows that the mind/body techniques I have been using will help.  It is slow going for me with lots of ups and downs.  But I'll keep thinking on how far you've come and how far I've come.  Hope is strong medicine!

JBen,

So great to hear that you are doing as well as you are. Sounds like everything you put into place is working and that's just wonderful. Thank you so much for posting it's encouraging to hear that someone's doing better instead of struggling. Looking forward to hearing from you on your future progress. Hugs!

LiveLife

Gosh JBen, I am super happy for you!! You have been through so much. I knew this day would come because you never give up!

What great news!  :smitten:

Thank you so much! I am in a severe setback at 3.5 years not knowing how I will do another minute and your words are just what I needed to hear and you are an angel in my day. Thank you so much!

JBen, Such good news, thanks so much for posting, it gives us all the encouragement to Press on regardless of how bad we are feeling.  Hugs, Spazzie.

What a wonderful post to return to when I jumped back on the boards today.  Soooooooo happy for this progress, JBen!  :smitten: