Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Long term low dose users- Is there hope

[Mo...]

I am terrified to taper. I have read every horror story out there. I am just wondering, is there hope? Is there anyone out there who has been on something for 5+ years and had MINIMAL issues getting off? I am guessing those folks don't post here as often as those who needed more support.

I have been functional throughout my taper except for a disastrous start when I didn't know what benzos was. Once I started tapering I was functional. It has not been easy but I don't have a horror story either.

I can't say I had minimal symptoms, just functional. Functional is not great but I'd take it any day over the suffering. I was definitely not suffering.

I was on a high dose for 2-3 years.

• 1 month later...
Hey, I was on clonazepam 0.75 mg for 9 years. I tapered off very slowly (2.5 years) and my taper went fairly well. I only had a handful of times it was challenging with anxiety. I even ended up pregnant and had a child through all this, and was okay. There is hope. You can do this 💜 nice and slow.