Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Can I taper

[Na...]

I've already started a very slow taper but my original anxiety is still a major problem or it could be that the anxiety just feels just as bad because of tolerance.

Is it possible to have a successful taper if your anxiety and depression is not controlled?

Hey there Nanaquits, I am no expert on this and I have no clue as to what your original anxiety and depression were about. But your clear about tolerance, so the drugs aren't helping, so in my opinion you got nothing to lose in tapering off them. For anxiety breathing exercises are great, I do yoga nidra, also CBT for depression, positive thinking, a saying I use is. Stand porter at the door of thought. Shutting out negativity the best you can and knowing you deserve a good life, one of feeling well and content. Blessings and healing love to you.💞

Hey there Nanaquits, I am no expert on this and I have no clue as to what your original anxiety and depression were about. But your clear about tolerance, so the drugs aren't helping, so in my opinion you got nothing to lose in tapering off them. For anxiety breathing exercises are great, I do yoga nidra, also CBT for depression, positive thinking, a saying I use is. Stand porter at the door of thought. Shutting out negativity the best you can and knowing you deserve a good life, one of feeling well and content. Blessings and healing love to you.💞

Yup, drugs just up and quit working over a year ago and caused severe anxiety like I've never felt before, agoraphobia amongst other things. Pretty much bedridden for over a year so yes I think getting off this med needs to happen.

I need to find a positive attitude as I am scared and have been so messed up for over a year already that I just feel negative all the time. Seems like I never get a break from thinking about all this or the anxiety.

You have gone through alot and I get that, been going through this for 2 and half years myself. I have found that I have to listen to positivity as much as possible and shut out negativity. Michael Priebe is a guy on you tube he has a website called the lovely grind. His fully recovered and is a life coach to help others come through this, his truly inspirational. I would suggest looking at his videos to gain confidence. It takes me alot of courage to leave my home and I was bedridden to. We will come through the other side of this. Many blessings 💞