Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Diazepam saved me but you have to say goodbye to it.

[Ei...]

Hi everyone. I had the worst experience of my life towards the end of last year. Anyway I was prescribed diazepam and it saved my life. I was only on 6mg daily and several months later after some tapering and a relapse., I had my last dose 8 days ago. It is difficult, especially endless headaches and increased anxiety but I am hopeful I won't go back on them. Just wanted to share my experience and help support others if I can.

Hello Eightdaysandcounting, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Congratulations on your benzo freedom, we know it's pretty uncomfortable but its good you've said goodbye to them, the longer you're on them the more difficult it is to get off.  It can take awhile for your symptoms to settle but we'll support you as you do this.

I'll give you some links to get you started but please let us know what we can do for you, we're glad you found us.

Pamster

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Hi Eightdays, good to have you here. Lorazepam saved my life too decades ago and I was glad of it for many years. It took me about a year to taper down from 4mg…..that’s about 40mg Valium. I had to face the issues that made me take L eventually. It would have been good to face them years earlier.

Every good wish for your happy life ahead.

Hardy.