Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Started today. Slow taper.

[Mo...]

Lurked around here a few years ago and now finally ready to start a SLOW and STEADY taper.

I have been on prescribed Klonpin for 10 years.  .5 a day.

I am choosing to wean off (with support of my prescribing doctor) b/c it simply does nothing for me. I have severe anxiety and panic and in the beginning it helped and now Im just taking it as a sugar pill it seems. The only thing that helps is it I take more than prescribed and I only do that 1x every 3 months or so as needed.

I have health anxiety so I am pretty scared but also excited.

Congratulations on your decision to taper! Wishing you all the best as you start this journey! You can do it! 🙏🏼

Hi MountainVA

Congratulations on deciding to taper.  It is exciting!

I suffer from occasional health anxiety too - I had an extremely bad gut infection which put me down the road of being prescribed Klonpin back in November 2021. 

I have done lots of alternate therapies for the anxiety side of things and I think they have helped.  I participate in yoga, psychology, using essential oils, acupuncture, chiro, massage, deep breathing, vitamins (magnesium is great and a few others) and hypnotherapy.  I think if you address your anxiety side of things, hopefully this will assist with your mental strength during the tapering process.

Good luck and I hope everything goes well for you. 

I feel like I'm awaiting a hurricane. I'm hunkered down and ready... all is calm, no symptoms. When will it just hit and pass?  :(

We go on vacation on Saturday....

Well, I barely have symptoms now that I’ve stabilized and now tapering slowly. I only tapered 4% last week. And 3% so far this week, but I feel pretty much normal. When I tapered too quickly, my life was MISERABLE! Maybe this just means that you are tapering at the correct rate for your body, which is great! It doesn’t have to be a horrible process from what I’m learning.