Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Thanks for having me

[Lo...]

Hi, I was prescribed klonopin for sleep and started to get super sick on it and had interdose withdrawl. Ended up in the ICU and did not know what was going on, was cross tapered too quickly to vallium. Now I am at .4 of vallium and on my final end of my taper and looking for some support. It's nice having other people who have gone through similar experiences to talk or get guidance from.

Helo Lolomazzie,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, we are glad to have you aboard!  I hope things are going smoother for you now; most of us, like you, had rough spots along the way of letting benzos go.  Are you tapering with the help of your doctor?  We encourage a slow taper with reductions in the 5-10% range every two weeks or so because going slow tends to minimize withdrawl symptoms.

There are some links below to get you started.  I hope you find the information and support of this community to be helpful.  Get settled in and when you are ready, you can begin posting.  Let us know when you need help and feel free to ask questions.

Again, welcome,

Kate08

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Hi Lola, good to have you here. You’ve done so well to get to 0.4mg Valium. How are you feeling? I hope you proceed to zero without hiccoughs.

I found I had to go slower on the low doses.

You’re almost there, fantastic!

Hi Lolomazzie and welcome to BB.

How long were you on the K and how much bf it started making you ill?

I hope you return and share more of your benzo backstory.

Usually, tolerance to the sedative effects happens quickly with benzos but takes a lot longer for the anti-anxiety effects. Some ppl claim they have never become tolerant to the anti-anxiety effects who have been on these drugs for decades. Go figure!