Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Thanks for having me!

[gr...]

Hi everyone,

I am on a taper off of alprazolam  and looking for a place to offer and receive support during this crazy time.  Thanks for having me and I look forward to being a part of this community.  Just a bit about me.....I am about mid way through my taper and it has definitely had its ups and downs.  I have learned a lot along the way, and probably have a lot more to learn.  I am grateful that there are supportive communities out there like BB to be able to share stories and not feel so alone. 

Hi grace33!

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Sounds like you made some really good progress on your taper! Sorry to hear your journey has been up and down. I know Alprazolam can be a beast to taper. What symptoms are you currently experiencing? Generally we recommend a reduction of 5-10% of your current dose over a two week period. Lots of people have to go much slower though depending on their symptoms. You can have a look at The Ashton Manual, an authoritative source on benzo withdrawal.

If you want help with your taper, you can ask here: Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

For support on withdrawal symptoms I suggest you post here: Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Please look around and let us know how we can help you!

Hi Grace, good to have you here. Mid way through is a great place to be, half the hard work done! I hope you continue to taper successfully. What are you symptoms? Are you beginning to feel better?

Hardy,