Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I’m surely not alone!

[Do...]

Hello

Thank you for offering this forum. I joined bc I just know there are others trying to improve their life free of Benzos. I like many others have awful anxiety and have been taking .5 of Xanax twice a day for about 5 months. Yes, it has helped very much, however I’ve been having some pretty scary chest pains for several weeks. After many heart and chest tests, it has been determined that I am not having heart problems. Could the Benzo be causing this I wonder. My therapist recently cut me off and I’m on day three of cold Turkey and not doing my best at all. Maybe I’m not alone……

Hello DoTheLight, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I want to make sure I understand you correctly, you've been taking 1 mg of Xanax a day and you're on day 3 of a cold turkey?  How are you feeling, do you have someone there with you?  There is a small risk of seizure when quitting these drugs abruptly, do you have any history?

I'll provide some links to help you understand what you're dealing with plus a link to our support boards but please get back to us about what you're feeling.

Pamster

The Ashton Manual

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal 

Hello Pamster,

Thank you for your approval and reply. Yes, that is correct. On day three cold Turkey. Thankfully, I have a roommate to help. God Bless Her! And yes I have had substance abuse issues, but with opioids. I’m 7 months clean on those. Doing well, but have anxiety.

🙂

I'm grateful to know you're not alone and you sound like you're doing fairly well other than the chest pains.  Many of our members experience them, I didn't have pains, just felt like I had an elephant sitting on my chest.  Benzo's are great muscle relaxers until we grow tolerant to our dose and need to increase it or try to taper off.

Glad to hear you're clean from opioids, benzo's are nasty, our recovery takes months and sometimes years so I hope you can get away from the Xanax and never go back.  Keep us posted how you're doing.