Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Hello to my fellow strong humans out there

[id...]

Hi :) I am 38. I have been on zopiclone, quetiapine, clonazepam, and lorazepam for 10+ years. I stopped zopi about 5 years ago, stopped quetiapine and clonazepam CT a few years ago and have finished my taper from lorazepam to diazepam then to no benzo at all. Been benzo free for 7 weeks apart from 3 nights where I was so desperate for sleep. (Not planning to do that again! ) I have tried to get off benzos for years. I didn't understand that I was going through withdrawal all those times. Understanding what's really been happening to me has helped me to get off for good. I am struggling with the affects of benzo on my beautiful brain, body, and life, but I am hopeful I will make a full recovery. Thank you for this forum. Sending everyone good healing energy. <3

Hello Ideserveahealthylife,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, we are glad you have joined us!  Congrats to you on letting benzos go from you life.  Most of our members ultimately heal from benzo withdrawl and move on with their lives and I hope this will be the case for you as well.  I've left you some links below that you may find helpful.  Having support during the process of recovery is beneficial for most of us.

A lot of helpful information has been complied on this website so roam around and see what is available.  You can post when ready; ask questions and let us know when you need help.

Again, welcome,

Kate08

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Four Phases of Withdrawal-Where Are You?

Hi Ideserve, good to have you here. What an amazing history you have! You must be made of strong stuff to quit those meds. Fantastic! Your body will recover, it’s what it’s designed to do and you will have your beautiful life back.

Hardy.