Working full time

[mr...]

Currently on 20 mg of Valium. 

Has anybody been able to work full-time still while completely tapering?

I am the breadwinner of the family.

If I wanna be able to function somewhat, what taper rate is usually a good one?

I have been the sole income through my taper and it hasn't been easy I won't lie. The thing that I have had to get through to a few medical professionals is I am only going to go at a rate that allows me to still function at a level that I can spend time with the family and hold down the job. I have had varying success at maintaining this level. There were many a time I didn't think I would be able to keep going at the job. But so far I have managed it with the support of family and some understanding managers at work.

I started the valium at 20mg. I used a scale to measure the ground up pills. I was breaking it into four doses a day and tapered the middle two doses until they were 0. Then started on the morning and once that was 0 moved to the nighttime dose. I will say I switched to klonopin because my body was metabolizing the valium too quickly, which is why I had to break it into four doses throughout the day.

Edit: I got down from 20mg of valium to 10 when I crossed back over to klonopin. Looking back I think the switch to valium probably set me back quite a ways because of the metabolism issue and trying to align the doses between types of benzos.

I love this topic. Yes I’ve worked during my entire taper. It’s been extremely hard but I enjoy work and it provides me a great distraction.