Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How long should I wait

[Gu...]

Hey I was a short term user. I only used for 3 weeks and now im 6 months off and I feel almost healed. Still some residual anxiety and a lil dp/dr and just feel a little bit weird which will fade. I was wondering if I waited another couple of months would I be ok to have a beer or 2? Im turning 24 in the summer and I really like the idea of being able to drink again, but I see so many horror stories it scares me. What do you guys think?

I'd give it a try before your birthday so you don't end up over celebrating and regretting it, how about a few swallows or half a beer when you have a lull in activities in case you react badly?  You could maybe choose a time when you can afford to be unwell for a week or more?  Some members can tolerate it, others can't, wish we knew why.  :-\

Ya I think il give it another 2 months then Il give it a go. Do people go back into full blown acute from a drink or 2? I never want to experience akathaisa again lmao.

Ya I think il give it another 2 months then Il give it a go. Do people go back into full blown acute from a drink or 2? I never want to experience akathaisa again lmao.

some do, some don't. Sadly it s trial and error - but do like Pamster said and play it safe. :thumbsup:

Congrats! Short term user here as well. Also 6 months out. Also almost healed — just some residuals.

I’m done with alcohol — maybe giving it a try years down the line but seriously have no desire risking my recovery. I do miss coffee though.

Yeah I would definitely try it out a bit first.

And don't be surprised if you feel a little weird for the next few days after  :)