How long should I wait

[Gu...]

Hey I was a short term user. I only used for 3 weeks and now im 6 months off and I feel almost healed. Still some residual anxiety and a lil dp/dr and just feel a little bit weird which will fade. I was wondering if I waited another couple of months would I be ok to have a beer or 2? Im turning 24 in the summer and I really like the idea of being able to drink again, but I see so many horror stories it scares me. What do you guys think?

I'd give it a try before your birthday so you don't end up over celebrating and regretting it, how about a few swallows or half a beer when you have a lull in activities in case you react badly?  You could maybe choose a time when you can afford to be unwell for a week or more?  Some members can tolerate it, others can't, wish we knew why.  :-\

Ya I think il give it another 2 months then Il give it a go. Do people go back into full blown acute from a drink or 2? I never want to experience akathaisa again lmao.

Ya I think il give it another 2 months then Il give it a go. Do people go back into full blown acute from a drink or 2? I never want to experience akathaisa again lmao.

some do, some don't. Sadly it s trial and error - but do like Pamster said and play it safe. :thumbsup:

Congrats! Short term user here as well. Also 6 months out. Also almost healed — just some residuals.

I’m done with alcohol — maybe giving it a try years down the line but seriously have no desire risking my recovery. I do miss coffee though.

Yeah I would definitely try it out a bit first.

And don't be surprised if you feel a little weird for the next few days after  :)