Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Seeking help for coping with lower back spasms

[Be...]

Is there anything I can take for muscle spasms? I know valerian may help, but there are so many negative experiences in here. Any tips are welcome.

Just recovering from this and seeing a chiropractor helped greatly. She broke the spasm by putting needles in my back, it was painful but having the spasm nonstop for 3 days was worse. I felt the spasm break as she needled through it. I’m going again next week for a follow up but I feel so much better already. I also apply the hot/cold remedy and that also helps but the chiro was the magic bullet for me.

My PT (physical therapist) helped me. After trigger point massage, she used a TENS unit. I subsequently purchased one through Amazon. That plus heat on the spasming muscles helped a lot.

imo muscle spasms do not respond to supplements. At least mine didn't. "Direct action" was necessary!

Katz