Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I got sick. How screwed am I?

[Th...]

I caught my brothers terrible cold/virus? how screwed am I?

Are my symptoms about to get worse? Am I going to lose progress? What should I expect?

I think you'll be okay. I caught the 'flu in the middle of my taper.  :sick:  It was a pretty bad 'flu, but it didn't affect my taper.

Hope this helps,

Katz

I had Covid two months into my taper. Definitely think they both exacerbated each other. I was very very tired for a few days. I had to hold for an extra week or two just to feel like I was back in control and as strong as I wanted to be, but I never felt the need to updose, so overall I came out the other end of that feeling more able and accomplished. Hope you do too! Take it easy.

Thank you everyone. I have horrible symptoms already that I can't leave the house. I don't need them to increase. So was very worried

HI That one,

I hope you feel better soon.  It seems that things like colds and viruses hit us harder when we are in the middle of withdrawal. I am sure its scary -- I had a bad cold a few weeks ago and it just lit everything up, but it all eventually settled as I am sure yours will, too. I think its just that everything in withdrawal feels worse.  Hang in there.

Thanks Grace.

I just don't want things to get worse. I am so worn out as it is. It is good to hear your experience.

It's good to see you zman.

It's reassuring.

I got through it without taking any cold medicine. I have an uptick in symptoms and some old ones visiting, but as long as they die down that will be good.