I got sick. How screwed am I?

[Th...]

I caught my brothers terrible cold/virus? how screwed am I?

Are my symptoms about to get worse? Am I going to lose progress? What should I expect?

I think you'll be okay. I caught the 'flu in the middle of my taper.  :sick:  It was a pretty bad 'flu, but it didn't affect my taper.

Hope this helps,

Katz

I had Covid two months into my taper. Definitely think they both exacerbated each other. I was very very tired for a few days. I had to hold for an extra week or two just to feel like I was back in control and as strong as I wanted to be, but I never felt the need to updose, so overall I came out the other end of that feeling more able and accomplished. Hope you do too! Take it easy.

Thank you everyone. I have horrible symptoms already that I can't leave the house. I don't need them to increase. So was very worried

HI That one,

I hope you feel better soon.  It seems that things like colds and viruses hit us harder when we are in the middle of withdrawal. I am sure its scary -- I had a bad cold a few weeks ago and it just lit everything up, but it all eventually settled as I am sure yours will, too. I think its just that everything in withdrawal feels worse.  Hang in there.

Thanks Grace.

I just don't want things to get worse. I am so worn out as it is. It is good to hear your experience.

It's good to see you zman.

It's reassuring.

I got through it without taking any cold medicine. I have an uptick in symptoms and some old ones visiting, but as long as they die down that will be good.