Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Diazepam withdrawal breathlessness

[St...]

I am having feelings of breathlessness, holding on my taper. It's really unpleasant. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Would walking help this symptom or should I just rest more. I am on 18mg of diazepam. Many thanks. God bless💞

Walking helps me sometimes, distraction helps a lot too. I feel it until I’m doing something else, then I realize I haven’t thought about it for a few minutes.

It’s dumb, but I play a farming game on the Nintendo switch. Keeps my monkey mind busy.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. Is such a horrible symptom. Will try to distract myself from it, slow walking also. God bless.💞

I had this really really bad! I went to the ER like 4 times last year because of it. The only thing that alleviated it was time. It goes away. But it scared the shit out of me. But hell if I can do it you can do it. I’m no super hero. It loosened up at month 3 and 4.

I’m struggling with this one too. Or if not outright breathlessness, being hyperaware of my breathing or feeling like I have to remember to breathe. Sometimes even feeling like my inbreath is my outbreath, which doesn’t really make any sense. Taking a walk may help. I find anything that distracts and refocuses my mind to something else is a boon. And then the feelings of breathlessness returns, and I have to redirect again. Also maybe even meditation? Ironically focusing on the breath while meditating helps me realize I can breathe just fine. My body is doing what it was designed. This can sometimes exacerbate too, so your mileage may vary. Definitely a distressing symptom I wish would just go away.

Thanks to all of you for your replies on this. Distraction for sure, also I like yoga nidra, is a form of meditation you do when laying down. We have all got to keep telling ourselves, this will pass and one day we will All be healed and free from this crap. Blessings to you all.💞