Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

My b/f need's a taper plan please and what point to titration?

[ch...]

Hi guys

I have been with my boyfriend for 12 years and would really love to get him back to his old happy, lovely self.

Feb 2011

He was first prescribed Diazepam went up to a daily dose of 22.5mg per day. Tapered very fast down to 10mg in one week! (under psychiatrist instructions)  :o ended up in psyc hospital  :'( :'(

April 2011

In hospital they changed him from Diazepam 10mg to Clonazepam 2.5mg (the doctor told him she was prescribing the equivalent dose of the Diazepam!!!, HE IS SO ANGRY TO FIND OUT THIS IS NOT CORRECT AT ALL) Also for 2 weeks being in hospital they were giving him 1mg Lorazepam daily!. He left hospital and didn't have another Lorazepam.

May 2011

My boyfriend has tapered from 2mg to 1.75mg

First cut was made at 0.5mg on 10th May and next was 0.25mg 19th May. (last cut he is really struggling with anxiety and fatigue, not wanting to do anything) we are going to hold at the current dose for 2 more weeks

He is very sensitive and will more than likely need to go slowly.

Would someone mind doing my b/f a taper plan please.

Thanks to anyone who helps :)

If your bf has the .5mg tablets, he can cut them in 1/4s and drop .125mg (1/4 of a tablet) every 2 weeks or so.  If he needs to make smaller cuts than that, he'd need to use the titration method.  If he does decide he wants to do titration, you can start a thread on the Titration Tapers board and provide the required information.  Within a couple of days, some one will post a titration schedule for him.

thank you beeper x

do u think we could do 0.25 every two weeks and then reduce as he got lower? 

You said he was very sensitive to the meds so I think smaller cuts are wiser unless there's a reason he needs to be off them by a certain date.  If he is feeling okay after 10 days or so, you could go ahead with the next cut or wait the full two weeks.  Got to kind of feel your way, you know?

Here is how he would like to do the next few cuts..........what do you think?

Currently on 1.75mg K

Next cut in 7 days or so (if was to cut next Thurs this would be 2 weeks since last one)

0.25mg hold 7-14 days dose per day 1.5mg

0.125 hold 7-14 days                      1.375mg

0.125 hold 7-14 days                      1.25mg

1.125mg

When would we need to switch to titration? and would we need to?

x

This plan sounds good, but it's important to be flexible, of course.  Most members don't use titration, they dry cut, so it's not mandatory that he switch.  It's a cumbersome process, but if members feel the dry cuts are too harsh, then they don't mind giving it a try. 

Hi guys, It's day 10 and my b/f wants to cut tonight.

Yesterday was quite a postive day, he seemed to be doing quite a few things, come the shop with me and not lay in bed all day with fatigue.

Today though he has been very tearful and depressed, but no other symptoms.

He wants to cut tonight, is this ok?

His last cut was on the 19th of May?  If he's ready, if he's feeling okay then it's probably time to cut again.

His last cut was on the 19th of May?  If he's ready, if he's feeling okay then it's probably time to cut again.

I would agree with Pamster. :thumbsup:

Thanks both, he has cut tonight by 0.25mg, the last time it will be that, next will be 0.125mg

Wish us luck, I have the week off from work with him so I can look after him.  :)

As I said just very down today x

Hi there,

Just my personal experience:

I cut 0.125 per week. I also kept a daily log of my symptoms. Cutting that amount every two weeks is another alternative. I liked cutting the same day of the week because I could somewhat predict how each day would go (very much like previous week).

You can consider any unpleasant experience at this stage of the game, and for a few weeks after the taper is over, as withdrawal. Keep telling your b/f he's not crazy, he's having withdrawal, it WILL get getter, stay strong. Withdrawal sucks but on the other hand withdrawal = healing. GOod luck to him, and bless you for your support. That's wonderful!

Hi there,

Just my personal experience:

I cut 0.125 per week. I also kept a daily log of my symptoms. Cutting that amount every two weeks is another alternative. I liked cutting the same day of the week because I could somewhat predict how each day would go (very much like previous week).

You can consider any unpleasant experience at this stage of the game, and for a few weeks after the taper is over, as withdrawal. Keep telling your b/f he's not crazy, he's having withdrawal, it WILL get getter, stay strong. Withdrawal sucks but on the other hand withdrawal = healing. GOod luck to him, and bless you for your support. That's wonderful!

Aw thanks very much, it really helps having the encouragement, it really does. I really/we really appreciate it.

x