Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Help with Clonazepam taper

[st...]

Hi,

I am really struggling with my taper off of clonazepam and could do with some help.

Have been taking it for about 5 years. Started at 2mg/day, am currently taking 0.5mg/day. That may seem like an achievement but I tried to taper way too fast and am now having a very tough time.

Hi staralfur

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I’m sorry you’re having troubles and difficulties with your taper. This journey can be really tough. I’m also tapering Clonazepam and a lot of us have fallen in the trap of tapering too fast. The good news is, you can recover from this. Can you please Add your history/signature, so we can best advice you on your current situation. What symptoms are you experiencing? Are you functional?

Generally we recommend a reduction of 5-10% of your current dose over a two week period. Often members go slower depending on their symptoms. It’s important to allow your symptoms to guide your taper as this will allow you to maintain functionality. You can also have a look at The Ashton Manual, an authoritative source on benzo withdrawal.

For help with tapering you can ask here: Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

For support on withdrawal symptoms you can post here: Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Please look around and let us know how we can help you!

Hi staralfur, good to have you here. Oh it’s a tough journey isn’t it? Sorry to hear you’re struggling. It took me about a year to quit from 4mg Lorazepam and I had to slow down at the lower doses but I think a slow taper is the only way.

Are you still on 0.5mg per day? I look forward to reading your reply.

Hardy.