Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Please help

[fr...]

Hi guys I am all new to this and need help. i have been on V 10MG and Amb 12.5 for insomnia for roughly two years. In the last six months my GP changed me from V to At. fast forward to three weeks ago and I ended up with a chronic illness and hospitalised for six nights and in that time my meds weren't taken. Looking back I went into withdrawls in the hospital but thought it was my chronic illness. After my hospital stay i went back on At and have ended up with acute WD. My GP has switched me back to V with a dose of 16mg which is three doses of 2mg through the day and 10mg at night and my amb has stayed the same. Today is the first day I haven't had severe nausea but I have pressure in my stomach allot and pressure in my head. I get trembles and electric feelings on my skin and major sweats. My GP wants me to cut down by 2mg in two days and I feel like this is too fast?

Does this get any better? She is trying to stabilise me and then begin a taper. I want off these so  badly but am scared to taper due to how much of a nightmare it has been. currently i can just manage three hours between doses and then I'm struggling. I am so angry that i was told these will help my sleep and that its fine to take. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I agree with Libertas. You've been through quite an ordeal and I think at this stage it's probably best not to make changes to your meds but allow your body some time to recover first.