Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Hello

[Cl...]

Hi, I have been on Ativan for anxiety and insomnia for a few years and have been slowly tapering off. I started taking Lunesta about a year ago to help with the taper, only to just find out it's not much better than Ativan. 🤦‍♀️ I'm almost completely off the Ativan to realize I'm now going to have to go through the same thing again with Lunesta, and just looking for advice, tips, encouragement, etc.

Hello climberwoman  :hug:  Welcome to BenzoBuddies!. 

We are glad you are here. You have done great with your Ativan taper, give yourself some time in between before you start your next taper.  You are going to do just as well with the Lunesta taper as you have with Ativan.  If you post questions,  I am sure members will help you best they can.  I would taper Lunesta similar to benzos.  The best way of getting off benzodiazepines is to taper off slowly.    The suggested taper rate is 5/10% every 10/14 days, whatever feels comfortable, you can adjust the rate to suit your needs

You will find a lot of information here. We have a wonderful community of caring members. They have been through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal, and will share their experiences with you.

You may want to familiarize yourself with the Ashton Manual. It is a great resource for information about these medications and how to withdraw.

Here are a few links to check out:

The Ashtons Manual  .

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone

If you would please be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Hi Climberwoman, good to have you here. Have you started your taper of Lunesta yet? You will be well prepared having already done it with Lorazepam. As you know, slow and steady works best for most people. I have just quit Lorazepam after many years of use. If I can help, I will.

Hardy.

Welcome Climberwoman to BB. Exactly how much Ativan and how much Lunesta are you taking right now? You are correct. These Z drugs or  non-benzodiazepine drugs are very similar in many ways. How long did the Ativan work for you bf it started becoming ineffective?