Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Don't know what to expect

[se...]

Hi all. Thoughts and prayers for everyone in your healing.

It is a little over 9 weeks post klonopin jump. You can see my signature. Tapered for a little over a year. Total usage over 17 months end to end.

My jump off was not easy. Jumped at 0.0425 mg as could not get stable. Head tingling started around 0.062 mg.

Not sure what to expect in the healing process. My main symptom is head sensitivity and tingling in my head/ears.

I am still taking remeron. Not sure if that is making symptoms worse or inhibiting my healing so I just started slightly reducing that as well.

Trying to fight my fears that this will be permanent.

Wishing all well.

Seeking

First of all congrats! As for what to expect many ppl have different journey and yet we all go through so many similar symptoms (with varying degrees of intensity and duration). i hope your journey is easier than many. You got through the taper and that is a big deal.

So many ppl have recovered and you must cling to that. We all feel like we are permanently damaged, bc the recovery def has its rough points to put it mildly. Our bodies need time to heal and fins equilibrium again.  Its a journey not a sprint, so be patient with yourself in this process ok?

You got this :thumbsup:

Thanks Kate and Trina. I cannot but keep going back and thinking that my homebrew liquid taper approach messed me up. I tried to do it right and methodical. I know it might have not mattered what approach I took and could still be going through this. I keep trying to tell myself it does not matter now and I just have to look forward.

thx

seeking

seekingtoheal, getting off benzos is hard no matter how we do it and there is no such thing as a perfect taper.  My taper was far from precise or perfect and I had a major glitch along the way by jumping too soon and yet I still managed to get off benzos after using them for a very long time.  One of the things I did that worked for me was to keep my goal in mind of being benzo-free and I tried not to look backward.

You are off benzos and that is a HUGE accomplishment in anyone's book.    :thumbsup:

Its just my opinion but I don't think your taper has anything to do with how you're feeling now.  The purpose of a taper is to minimize symptoms as you taper, to keep you functional as you rid yourself of the drug.  Once you're off the drug, its out of your hands and up to your genetics, general health, stress load and who knows how many other factors we don't know about. 

I hate to see you question your method because this can cause you stress and that's the worst thing for you right now, so please, don't second guess what you did, because you're right, it doesn't matter now. 

Hello seekingtoheal.  I’m sorry you are struggling. Kate08 and Pamster have given you sage advice.  A common misconception is that if you taper the ‘right’ way, you will have no or only minimal discontinuation-related issues once you stop taking the benzodiazepine. Regrettably, there is no ‘right’ way to taper and many if not most individuals do have issues during the recovery period. Please try your best to look forward, not backward. 

Rodgerthat

Congrats on 0.030 mg, you are well on your way!

Some improvement. Decent day, bad day etc.

Functional but feel not very good a lot. Just passed 10 weeks off.

Trying to keep believing and that time will heal. My big issue is head tingling.

Thx

Seeking

[02...]

Seeking, that's wonderful to hear that you are having some signs of improvement and a few decent days.  It's such a long haul, isn't it? 

I do think time is the only way to heal.  As we (and Robert Frost) say, the only way out is through. 

I'm plugging along with my taper and hope to be off late April or early May.