Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Manufacturer change nightmare

[La...]

I’ve been doing great on Lorazepam Actavis/Watson that has recently become unavailable. I was switched to Teva, and immediately started having problems, weird symptoms, feeling sleepier but with headache, clogged ears, etc. The same exact dose.

The old manufacturer is indefinitely on back order, which gives me no hope.

Please tell me I will adjust, I know there are only a couple available ones on the market, one of them I already tried awhile back, and it wasn’t good.

Any input would be much appreciated, THANK YOU

I figured you'd done your homework, I'm sorry.  I'm wondering about one of your symptoms, feeling sleepier, do you think the dose equivalence may be off, do you think a taking a little bit less would help?

I was thinking about it too, I will see how it goes, just hoping that I will be able to adjust eventually, because I feel like I have no other choice

I was trying to find out if “getting used to it” is even possible

Yes , you will adjust.. The same thing happened to me. I was on the TEVA lorazepam and then my pharmacy switched to leading. It took about 1 week to adjust. I liked the TEVA much better than the leading, but I adjusted to the Leading. I believe that Leading is much weaker and does not seem to last as long as TEVA.

• 1 month later...

I’ve been doing great on Lorazepam Actavis/Watson that has recently become unavailable. I was switched to Teva, and immediately started having problems, weird symptoms, feeling sleepier but with headache, clogged ears, etc. The same exact dose.

The old manufacturer is indefinitely on back order, which gives me no hope.

Please tell me I will adjust, I know there are only a couple available ones on the market, one of them I already tried awhile back, and it wasn’t good.

Any input would be much appreciated, THANK YOU

May I ask how you have fared?

I also had to make this switch and am not doing well. Wondering how someone farther out ended up doing.