Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

SWEATING AGAIN

Ok. I am 4mos off temazapam for sleep and sweating again. I had this symptom thru tapering, but not for about 4 mos.Now it is back and happening during the day as well. I am trying to stop my daily 2 glasses of wine and stopped for 5 days, then had wine on the weekend and now 2 stays without. Could that have anything to do with the sweating again? It is bad at nite, but worse during the day. Any ideas?

Thanks, Kathi

I've been sweating almost every day since about the time I went off my klonopin.  It's a real hassle for sure.  I've also had some alcohol here and there, and I've never been able to tell for sure if it spikes my sweating.  I keep the alcohol down to a minimum just to be sure (1-2x/month).

Draftsman

[f7...]

I'm not finished with my taper, but yes I have had sweating. When I did my c/o from Klonopin to Valium, it was profusely. I assume it was the Klonopin leaving, IMO.. and in my case, and at that time.

I don't drink much alcohol in withdrawal. I may have a beer every now and then. (I am not suggesting drinking AT ALL).

Did it spike my withdrawal? Like draftsman, I couldn't really tell.

S#

A few minutes ago I was sweating profusely.

For me it comes and goes.

I have always been one who sweats a lot.

The more I sweat, the more self-conscious I become and the more I sweat. Then it stops.

It is just part of my life.

We are in it together,

-Dan

I have severe nite sweats, more back in December when I went thru the worse withdrawals because of a doctor who wouldn't help me properly.  I would wake up with my shirt soaked and freezing.  Now I still get them but not as bad.  Knock on wood..........the unknown and unpredictability makes me concerned to say things are better and them wham! I am hit with something again.........  Hang in there

If you do a search for "Moisture Wicking Night Wear"  (or "night gown")  you can find many websites that sell sleep wear for the night sweats.  You still will sweat, but the material wicks away the moisture so you are able to sleep.  It has been a Godsend for me!