Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

EXCESSIVE YAWNING

Has anyone had a problem with excessive yawning? I have this a lot. Yes, I am exhausted from not sleeping. 4mos off temazapam for 12+yrs. I have had this yawning thing while on the temazapam as well. It is more than just yawning from being tired. Anyone know what this is? It just comes from nowhere and I yawning excessively and my eyes water. Appreciate any suggestions.

Kathi

Yes, I have noticed this, too.  I have the urge to yawn all the time the last few weeks, but it's not from being tired.  I don't know what it is, either... 

I dealt with this too, and my own personal theory is that it is somehow linked to anxiety - perhaps it triggers something in the parasympathetic system?  I always found that I would start to yawn excessively whenever I was anxious, which was a LOT in withdrawal.  But now that my anxiety is now reduced to a momentary blip in the mornings only, I find I no longer yawn like this at all.

Thank you everyone for your replies. This is such a weird symptom and no one I know has had this. I will try to notice if it happens when I'm anxious. It is definitely not just from being tired. It comes out of nowhere and I yawn so much my eyes really water. Then it just stops, just like it started, out of nowhere and for no reason. Someone told me it was from lack of oxygen. Your brain needs more oxygen. maybe???

Thanks, Kathi

• 5 months later...
Me too.  Same thing.  Although I'm tired from lack of sleep.  It's not a sleepy yawn.  It feels like my body wants to yawn to get more oxygen into my system.  I was having the yawn thing at the same time as the "difficulty breathing" thing.