Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

8 months off journey

[He...]

My story is quite the journey so far. I joined benzo buddies because I’ve been suffering from PAWS after a cold turkey of K and then kindled on different benzos in the ER for 2 weeks before I knew I was in tolerance. I had no idea about tapering or anything before I just quit. I am completely off and have been for 8 months. I still struggle daily. I was put on Trileptal as a bridge med and mood stabilizer to help me stabilize! It did help but for the most part, I still suffer. A lot of my symptoms are better to this day, but I’m also tapering off Trileptal. I’m down from 1200mg to 375mg. I’m almost med free! I hope to continue to heal so one day I can post my success story HERE on this very platform. Healing does happen, but for me it’s been sllloooowww

Hello Healingfrombenzos11  :hug: Welcome to BenzoBuddies

I am sorry you're experiencing withdrawal symptoms. Its not unusual to still have symptoms at 8 months off,  it does take quite some time for the CNS to recover.  I am glad some of the symptoms have eased off, try and distract from symptoms if you can..hang in there, you will get better.  I look forward to reading your success story one day.

Are you familiar with Prof Ashton’s manual, she describes and explains withdrawal symptoms.  I will put a link to the Ashton manual here for you:

Professor Ashtons Manual

Feel free to post to any of the dedicated boards.  We have a wonderful community of people here.  Our members have been through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal and are more than willing to share their experiences.

Here is link to the Post withdrawal support Post withdrawal recovery support board

Take a look at the Success Stories, it does get better with some time. Success Stories

If you would please be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Hi Healing, good to have you here. Sorry that you’re struggling. Most of us here are struggling too. We’re all in it together sadly. If there was any way to speed this process up someone would make a fortune! Yes, far too sssslllloooowwww. Hang in there, you’ve done so well so far.

Hardy.

I did not do an official cold turkey but close. I was also put on triliptal as a bridge. I had to stop taking it because like every other pharmaceutical I have reactions. I almost forgot I was on that for like 2 weeks or so.... At 8 months off I was in pretty rough shape, but things turned around shortly after. In a bit of a wave right now but I just wanted to say hi, welcome and so glad you are here. This is quite the journey isn't it? I like to remind myself that coming out the other side of this will likely have quite a few gifts in the end.

Warmest welcome  :smitten: