Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Urinary retention/feeling of full bladder?

[gs...]

Anyone else feel like they don't have a completely empty bladder but also feel like they don't need to urinate as well?

I feel some discomfort "down there". It feels like I need to go pee but at the same time I don't need to.

I did a urine test and they said it's not a UTI or anything. They didn't find any issues in my urine sample. Any ideas?

Its a somewhat common benzo symptom. IF you do get a UTI, determine which bacteria it is before you agree to an antibiotic. If it is E Coli, you can take Dmannose (pure Encapsulations has a great powder form). It will clear it up I swear. It costs $50 but its worth every penny as opposed to taking an antibiotic in recovery which can be problematic for many.

Its a somewhat common benzo symptom. IF you do get a UTI, determine which bacteria it is before you agree to an antibiotic. If it is E Coli, you can take Dmannose (pure Encapsulations has a great powder form). It will clear it up I swear. It costs $50 but its worth every penny as opposed to taking an antibiotic in recovery which can be problematic for many.

It mainly happens after I ejaculate after masturbating. I got tested and don't have a UTI.

Men sometimes can get a spastic bladder or prostate issues aside form this benzo stuff. Maybe get that stuff ruled out. But otherwise, like every other benzo symptoms it sucks but will eventually go away in time.

Be thankful you don't get a monthly (us women struggle too) bc that brings a whole other set of issues. This is the one site where I find it helps to be honest about even the taboo topics bc  its real and it happens and sometimes we just need to know we're not alone in it:)

I think you know the answer to that gsingh

I really have no idea. The only thing I've changed in my life is that I've started exercising. I'm seeing a urologist soon.