Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Who else is working while doing this?

[He...]

I am currently not working while doing my taper, but I am finishing grad school and I’m struggling. My thoughts used to flow and now they just abruptly stop. I am temporarily staying with my parents, but the burden on them makes me want to work but my functioning does not. I went from working over 40 hours a week at a full time job, side gig, and grad school to just grad school and it still seem overwhelming. How is anyone financially surviving through this?

We have many members who are struggling financially, this process stops us in our tracks and we don't know how long its going to last which increases the stress which then increases symptoms.

I'm sorry to hear how much you've had to give up, can you slow your taper down to hopefully improve your cognitive functioning?

I financially survive bc I am lucky to have a very kind husband with a good career.

I do work pt now, but could not for well over a year. the only way this current position works is bc I'm technically per diem and can self schedule as much or as little as I can handle. In addition the nature of the job is not about quantity but rather quality. I am in complete control of the pace I keep during a shift. Although the nature of my work is stressful I find ways to make it doable for me.

I have also made money on the side by painting or tiling too..contract work. or finding stuff at estate sales and flipping it online to make money. Just wanted to give you ideas of other ways to make money.

However, there have been many times and chunks of time where I could literally not work. I've been through grad school and that is stressful as is, let alone trying to get off stupid benzos! Is there anyway you can do school part time? How much longer do you have till you finish?

Extra stress is not our friend in this, so be kind to yourself. Sounds like you have some good parents:)

Trina75- I have extra time on assignments for my bipolar 1. My quality of work has gone down and I do not feel satisfied with it. I am finding that with most tasks now. Like I’m just pushing through things instead of accomplishing them. I found your advice helpful for side jobs. Thank you.

I always tell my students that the right choice isn’t always the easiest. If this is correct, it is the most right choice I have ever made. :/

Hi,

I worked the entire time going through this.  It was not easy during acute period not at some other times over the past 28 months.

I have worded up to 70 hours in a week on a few times plus had to do presentations as well.  It's not easy since brain fog has been an overwhelming symptom.

Stay strong

Hingie